Error when updating Internet Calendar Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TruPeffer

I get this error every day....Anyone any ideas?

Task 'Internet Calendar Subscriptions' reported error (0x0004002B) : 'Outlook cannot parse the property " CREATED" , near line 1637. The property is being ignored.'

Go to Tools-> Accounts-> Internet calendars and delete the internet calendar. Then try to subscribe the calendar again and check how it works.

Ganesh Kumar N

Thanks for trying...no different.

Task 'Internet Calendar Subscriptions' reported error (0x0004002B) : 'Outlook cannot parse the property " CREATED" , near line 1637. The property is being ignored.'

Task 'Internet Calendar Subscriptions' reported error (0x0004002B) : 'Outlook cannot parse the property " CREATED" , near line 1622. The property is being ignored.'

Go to Start->click on all programs-> Accessories-> Run->

Type outlook /cleansharing and click on ok (there is a space between "Outlook" and "/")

If you still face the same issue, create a new profile and check.

Refer the link below to create a new profile in Outlook.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918

Ganesh Kumar N

I was getting this error when doing a Send/Receive (F9) from Outlook 2007 calendar to Google Calendar. This is how I fixed it: The trick is to find an invalid year in the hundreds or thousands of lines in the Google Calendar .ics file. I went into Google Calendar settings and exported the zipped .ics file to my Desktop. Then I unzipped the file, did NOT open it, but changed the .ics extension to .txt, then double-clicked the file, which opened a text document in Notepad. I then used Wordpad's Edit > Find... feature and searched for " CREATED:0" which would signal an invalid year (because all of the " CREATED" entries should start with a valid year like " CREATED:2010......." ) I found one line that matched the search criteria, a recurring monthly meeting -- see 7th line down in the excerpt below. I then went back into Google Calendar and deleted this recurring meeting. I also deleted it in my Outlook 2007 calendar, and re-entered the information in Outlook, then presed the F9 key again. The " Outlook cannot parse the property 'CREATED' ..." error no longer appears.

BEGIN:VEVENT

DTSTART;TZID=America/New_York:20110104T100000

DTEND;TZID=America/New_York:20110104T120000

RRULE:FREQ=MONTHLY;UNTIL 110405T140000Z;BYDAY=1TU

DTSTAMP:20101215T031617Z

UID:elot1725ug7v9l9lwmrst62gvo@google.com

CREATED:00001231T000000Z

DESCRIPTION:

LAST-MODIFIED:20101201T163900Z

SEQUENCE:4

SUMMARY:Department Meeting

TRANSP:OPAQUE

END:VEVENT

I was getting this error when doing a Send/Receive (F9) from Outlook 2007 calendar to Google Calendar. This is how I fixed it: The trick is to find an invalid year in the hundreds or thousands of lines in the Google Calendar .ics file. I went into Google Calendar settings and exported the zipped .ics file to my Desktop. Then I unzipped the file, did NOT open it, but changed the .ics extension to .txt, then double-clicked the file, which opened a text document in Notepad. I then used Wordpad's Edit > Find... feature and searched for " CREATED:0" which would signal an invalid year (because all of the " CREATED" entries should start with a valid year like " CREATED:2010......." ) I found one line that matched the search criteria, a recurring monthly meeting -- see 7th line down in the excerpt below. I then went back into Google Calendar and deleted this recurring meeting. I also deleted it in my Outlook 2007 calendar, and re-entered the information in Outlook, then presed the F9 key again. The " Outlook cannot parse the property 'CREATED' ..." error no longer appears.

DESCRIPTION:

This seems to have fixed my error...the outlook /cleansharing option. You must reboot the machine afterwards, or at least that helped for me.

Thanks everyone

Type outlook /cleansharing and click on ok (there is a space between "Outlook" and "/")

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918

Ganesh Kumar N

Hi Ganesh,

It would have been nice if you had mentioned that the Google calender would be emptied by this procedure. That was not MY idea of a solution, really... Of course it solves the problem when there is only the clean Outlook calender left... (which I did not realize when I read your post). Now I will spend another few hours repairing all the suddenly 'private' items that were labelled differently before this time exporting the calender to Google. Strange that you can import one thing but cannot export the same thing again as it is, was...

Well, no hard feelings, I guess... I'm not sure... I need my web calender to be available wherever I strike down and should not have been tempted to try out Outlook years after I had sworn it off. I had hoped it would work better by now...

Grts

DESCRIPTION:

I was experiencing the same error messages and followed A.Y.'s advice and exported the calendar into Notepad. I looked at all of the entries and could not find any unusual entries. I then decided to delete batches of appointments on my google calendar and then synced on outlook to see if the number of error messages reduced. If the number of error messages did not reduce I simply restored the batch of appointments from the Trash. As soon as I deleted a batch and noticed the number of errors decrease in Outlook, I slowly went through deleting individual appointments until I found the culprit(s). I eventually managed to remove all the errors from the Outlook Sync process. This is a tedious way to resolve the problem but it works.

I also reviewed the exported file for the error causing appointments. I was unable to find any obvious errors or anomalies.

I also reviewed the exported file for the error causing appointments. I was unable to find any obvious errors or anomalies.
i thought i had an article on this but can't find it - its actually quite common and is related to the date format, but that is all i recall. I don't recall if only recurring events were affected - but if the ones you had were recurring, then we know the answer. :)

Thank you ... this worked. A perfect solution. I did not lose any calendar entries.

Create an Outlook profile

Ganesh Kumar N

Update ... well I just realized it deleted all the other calendar settings. Not so perfect. Fixed the error but killed the patient.

Update ... well I just realized it deleted all the other calendar settings. Not so perfect. Fixed the error but killed the patient.
Yeah, that is a killer switch - it deletes everything that is being shared . I complained about a SharePoint list that would not go away and my support contact told me to use that switch. I did, without really thinking about it. I lost all of my RSS feeds.

From Command Line Switches for Outlook 2013 & 2016 :
/cleansharing :: Removes all RSS, Internet Calendar, and SharePoint subscriptions from Account Settings. This does not delete content previously downloaded to your computer, it only removes the subscription.

The worst part - if you used it for the same error in this thread, it probably won't cure it anyway. Some subscriptions error due to differences between supported recurrence patterns and other things not supported in outlook. Errors are very common with google calendars and should just be ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.