cannot send email from exchange2010 to exchange2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadeyu

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
I set up a new exchange2010 sp2 server coexistence with exchange 2007 sp2. I can send email from exchange2007 to exchange2010, but exchange2010 cannot send email back to exchange2007. Please let me know how to fix the problem. Thank you.

Did you create a receive connector on both servers that point to each other? It sounds like the 2007 server doesn't have one.

The receive connector was created on Ex2007:

FQDN: ex2007.domain.com

Network: use all available IPv4 addresses:25

rececive mail from remote server: ex2010 ip address

Authentication: none

Permission Groups: Anonymous users

Ex2010 receives emails from ex2007 and external.

Thank you.

Did you create a receive connector on both servers that point to each other? It sounds like the 2007 server doesn't have one.

I tried Exchange Server authentication, Exchange Users and servers permission group, but it won't work.

What are the settings should be for Receive connector on ex2007?

I tried to create Custom or Internal receive connector on ex2007 with the following setting:

FQDN: ex2007.domain.com

Network: use all available IPv4 address poert: 25
receive mail from remote server: ex2010 ip address

Authentication: Exchange Server authentication

Permission Groups: Exchange users, Exchange servers

The hub version 8 queu error message on ex2010:

"451 4.4.0 Primary target IP address responded with:

"421 4.2.1 Unable to connect."" Attempted failover to alternate host,

but that did not succeed. Either there are no alternate hosts, or

delivery failed to all alternate hosts."

I got the same error on ex2007 when I disable receive connector on ex2010.

Thank you.

Becaue its exchange to exchange, you need to use the exchange permission and use authentication.

is the FQDN the actual server's name or an alias? You need to use either the Netbois or the server's internal domain name - ie, using mail.outlookforums.com won't work if the server is exchange.internal.outlookforums.com.

Do you have TLS enabled on the authentication tab. (Don't.)

I’m able to send and receive emails from ex2010 and ex2007 now. It works both ways. The problem was after I modified the receive connector on ex2007, I didn’t reboot the server. I scheduled a downtime this weekend and rebooted ex2007, and then I was able to send and receive emails both ways. </SPAN
Thank you for your help.</SPAN>

Thanks for the update. At one time, i was in the habit of restarting the echange services every time i changed settings, just to be sure... since moving to office 365, I'm out of practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Outlook 2013 cannot send email error 0x700700c1 Using Outlook 1
V Cannot send email to group Using Outlook 12
H Cannot send Email Using Outlook 2
B Cannot send emails-stuck in OutBox: OUTLOOK 2013 Using Outlook 4
L Cannot send emails through @live.co.uk account in outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
L Cannot send emails through @live.co.uk account in outlook 2013 Using Outlook 2
I User cannot send attachments Using Outlook 12
E Outlook cannot connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server/Cannot send mess. Using Outlook 0
N cannot send emails-SMTP Ports not working for Hotmail Pop3 Using Outlook 3
K Outlook 2010 'cannot send on behalf of' when changing calendar apointment Exchange Server Administration 0
A Outlook 2010 - can't send/receive data file cannot be accessed Using Outlook 10
D I cannot send out of outlook with 2003 and Yahoo Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Cannot Send - "Operation failed. An object cannot be found" BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
P Cannot understand how to use Favorites Using Outlook 4
U When opening shared Calendar "The set of folders cannot be opened" Using Outlook 0
J Cannot edit a calendar event received as an invitation Using Outlook 2
humility36 Cannot move emails to archive - 440 error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L I Cannot Sign Into My Outlook Account? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
CWM550 This rule has a condition that the server cannot process? Using Outlook 1
U Outlook on the iPhone cannot approve filtered Emails Using Outlook 0
Horsepower Cannot delete gmail in iPhone Outlook outbox Using Outlook 1
K Daily Task List Minimized Cannot Display Using Outlook 5
O The linked image cannot be displayed Using Outlook 2
C "The linked image cannot be displayed. The file may have been moved, renamed, or deleted. Verify that the link points to the correct file location" Using Outlook 1
B IMAP server rejects sent email - cannot deliver messages Using Outlook 2
T Outlook 2021 Cannot open attachments Outlook DeskTop 2021 Using Outlook 0
S Cannot print Contacts Using Outlook 7
J VBA Cannot programmatically input or change Value for User Defined field Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2010 Cannot edit Calendar entries in OL 2010. Using Outlook 1
O Cannot expand the folder. The set of folders cannot be opened. You do not have permission to log on. Using Outlook 1
N Item cannot be saved because it was modified by another user or window, and, Item could not be moved... Using Outlook 0
D Cannot populate certain UserProperties in Outlook from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Outlook 2016 64bit, Cannot Save in 'HTML', format Using Outlook 1
D cannot view emails in View pane (in the right pane), I only see one line or nothing Using Outlook 21
M Cannot read the calendar Using Outlook 9
T The Linked Image Cannot Be Displayed in Outlook Using Outlook 7
D Outlook 2016 Outlook Error Msg "The operation cannot be performed ..." How to Stop it Using Outlook 4
S Custom Field Cannot Be Displayed In Views Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Cannot Move Autocomplete File to New Computer Using Outlook 15
rubaboo The vew cannot be found Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Cannot copy this folder because it may contain private items Using Outlook 0
L Cannot open PST file for first session each day Using Outlook 6
David in Mississippi New (Feb 2020) install of Outlook 365 - Cannot specify PST for different accounts Using Outlook 0
Marc2019 Need help please! Cannot Setup my outlook email account on my Mac Outlook 2011 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
noshairwan Registry cannot be found, Outlook Security Using Outlook 2
Marc2019 Cannot input Vietnamese Characters on my MSOutlook 2016 in Windows 7 Using Outlook 0
T Cannot remove needless PST Using Outlook 1
Marc2019 Cannot setup Outlook Account on Mac Os 10.6.8 Using Outlook 3
N pst files are recreating automaticaly and cannot be deleted Using Outlook 5
Mark Foley Cannot enable add-in in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0