Perpetual requests for password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregS

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
My wife's Outlook mail pops up this image every minute or so when the program is active. Mail can be sent and received, but I haven't been able to understand how to satisfy the server (?) that wants this information. The entered password is correct as far as I know. I don't know how Roboform comes into this situation either. It does contain a login for Outlook, but I don't think that has to be used when the box is already filled . Can you help me clarify this situation?
IzPassblur.jpg

I think roboform always comes up. You're using Outlook.com with a non-microsoft address - now that they've moved it to the Office 365 servers, you need to add an outlook.com alias to the account and use that to sign in as you can only use autodiscover to set it up as Exchange account and sync calendar & contacts.
Outlook.com: Switch Account to Microsoft Exchange

If you only need email, you can set it up as imap manually and keep using the rr login.

I have a custom domain with two mailboxes from Outlook.com, and I use Outlook 2016 to access them. Only one account has an alias set up, the other one does not. Both have this reoccurring problem of popping up a password prompt. This seems to happen on a monthly basis, like a certificate expired after 30 days, and the replacement isn't installing seamlessly. One account does it first, then something like a week later, the other account does the same thing. Logging into those accounts online works just fine.

I want to verify my DNS host file is set up right, thinking that a certificate might not get handled correctly. I have full control over the DNS host file now, so Microsoft has not taken over control of that as they do when you subscribe to a business plan.

Just my $.02 basically because I realize much of what I've stated here is speculation without a lot of evidence.

I think roboform always comes up. You're using Outlook.com with a non-microsoft address - now that they've moved it to the Office 365 servers, you need to add an outlook.com alias to the account and use that to sign in as you can only use autodiscover to set it up as Exchange account and sync calendar & contacts.
Outlook.com: Switch Account to Microsoft Exchange

If you only need email, you can set it up as imap manually and keep using the rr login.
Hi Diane, I have a similar problem. My Outlook 2016 continually asks for a password. I cannot download emails and the popup screen looks like GregS.' . Then all of a sudden, it will download everything. It works for a while and then back to the old routine. I have regular Outlook 2016, do not have a Microsoft type email address and I have Century Link for my ISP.

It seems as if this just started recently. Hopefully you have a solution. I found one where they suggested creating a new profile, but I didn't want to take a chance on messing things up.

Thank you,
Judy F.
SW Florida - USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
diver864 vba for a rule to automatically accept meeting requests with 'vacation' in subject, change to all-day event, change to free, don't send reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Andrew Quirl Custom form to route requests based on input criteria Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Diane Poremsky Delegates, Meeting Requests, and Rules Using Outlook 0
J Terminated Employee Meeting Requests Using Outlook 0
J Can I sort meeting requests by the date of meeting? Using Outlook 4
D After Moving or Deleting Open Item - Meeting Requests Using Outlook 4
E Help with macro to answer and delete calendar requests? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
K Appointments turn into meeting requests Using Outlook 0
S edits to free/busy fielddon't show up in meeting requests Using Outlook 2
K Prevent meeting requests being sent from a shared calendar in a group mailbox Using Outlook 1
M Running macros in tasks sent out as meeting requests in invitees machine Using Outlook 4
R Meeting requests and appointments not working as expected Using Outlook 2
E vCalendar Meeting Requests sending updates instead of sending new invitation Using Outlook 24
S Meeting Requests - ex-employee being invite, but not in recipient list Exchange Server Administration 3
M Outlook not auto- accepting meeting requests Using Outlook 2
J HTML Appointment Requests are being converted to Text Using Outlook 3
U Microsoft Office Outlook Connector repeated password requests Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Printing off responses to Meeting Requests Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
A Outlook can't remember outlook.com, Exchange password. Using Outlook 0
T Outlook 365 won't take new working password Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2019 is no longer asking for password ... Using Outlook 5
C How to fix outlook continuing to prompt fo an Exchange password Using Outlook 0
icacream New password won't update Using Outlook 2
D Wishlist How to use 'app password' in Outlook 2003 after Google pulled plug on "less secure apps" Using Outlook 2
T Outlook 2013 Possible interference by Telstra ISP with Hotmail Password Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
M Outlook settings will not accept a password Using Outlook 9
glnz How to retrieve or redo Verizon.net email password without affecting Outlook connection? Using Outlook 1
icacream Outlook 2016 “Enter your user name and password for the following server.” Using Outlook 5
D Change Microsoft Account password - what to do to update on all devices Using Outlook 4
R Microsoft Outlook 2016 - Gmail not sending, asks for password for SMTP, tried different ports Using Outlook 23
D Outlook 2010 Outlook in Windows 10 keeps asking for user name and password repeatedly Using Outlook 14
Paula S. Outlook 2013 won't recognize new password Using Outlook 4
M Microsoft 365 Outlook keeps requesting password on Local Account Using Outlook 1
icacream Enter your user name and password for the following server. Using Outlook 4
M Repeated password prompts Using Outlook 1
C Password not accepted Using Outlook 0
O Office 365 - Outlook - Password protect your mailbox Using Outlook 7
Rupert Dragwater Outlook began asking for username and password Using Outlook 9
C Outlook 2010 keeps asking for username and password Using Outlook 1
J reinstalling Outlook 2007 asking for user name & password Using Outlook 14
R Make Enter Network Password Prompt Go Away Automatically Using Outlook 0
R Outlook 2016 - How to change password in MS Exchange email client Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Enter Network Password Dialog Keeps Popping Up Using Outlook 0
C Outlook 2016 asks for password Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Remove a password from an Outlook *.pst File Using Outlook 3
V Outlook 2016 occasionly asks for password again Using Outlook 1
T OL2010 Password box keeps appearing. Using Outlook 6
R how to open a pdf file with a known password Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Stompandgo Copied PST file asking for password - but I never created one?! Using Outlook 3
V Outlook 2013 keeps asking for password Using Outlook 2