Status
Not open for further replies.

araamuthan

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi All,

In my project we are running the project specific task for every 15 working days once.

So I need to set the reminder for every 15 working days.

I have tried the same scenario in outlook but no luck

Can anyone help me

Thanks and regards,
Araamuthan

Sorry, outlook doesn't support anything like that - however if the task is being regenerated daily instead of lasting 15 days, it will regenerate a reminder when you mark the daily task complete or you could use one task due in 15 days and set the reminder for the 15th day and snooze it for 1 day.

That uses a spreadsheet to create the list and import because Excel supports working days (M-F). I would start by exporting Tasks to Excel to get the field names. Delete the data and any columns you won't be using.

Then in the Start field, add the first date in then below it put the formula and drag down to fill - changing A to the correct column.
=WORKDAY(A2,15)

if you want to consider holidays, create a list of holiday dates at the end of the field names and reference them in the formula:
=WORKDAY(A2,4,F2:F147)

Fill in the fields and import.

Hi Diane Poremsky,
Thanks for the reply it was really helpful.

Still I am facing some issues in that.

I have attcahed my Excel Calendar, Outlook calendar in this post plase take a look at that.

I have used the below fields in my Excel calendar
Subject
StartDate
StartTime
EndDate
EndTime
Alldayevent
Reminderonoff
ReminderDate
ReminderTime
RequiredAttendees
and I have successfully mapped these to the corresponding outlook fields. You can see these filelds in the attachment.

I have given the StartDate as 4/17/2015 (Monday) and EndDate as 4/17/2015 then in the second cell I used the formula
Workday(B2,2). Ideally it should block the calenar for every 2 working day but in Outlook calendar it only blocks on 4/17/2015. I cant see the event for the next second working day i.e 4/21/2015 (tuesday), 4/23/2015 (thursday) and so on. It seems the Outlook was not taking the formula.

One more thing when I double click on the event I cant see the attendees but I have used the field "RequiredAttendees"

And I need to set the reminder one day before the event.

Please help me in this.

Attachments

• event.png
    event.png
    51.6 KB · Views: 625
  • Excel Calendar.png
    Excel Calendar.png
    146.2 KB · Views: 688
  • Outlook calendar.png
    Outlook calendar.png
    184.4 KB · Views: 730
I forget to mention the below detail:

Subject of my event is "# Audit Management Job" in the attachment I have highlighted with the rectangular box.

Please let me know if you need more information on this.

Thanks and regards,
Araamuthan

What formula did you use for the dates?

You are using column B so the formula would be =WORKDAY(B2,15)
The reminder date can be =B2-2, starting with the first row of data and filled down the entire column, or since you want to use workdays, =WORKDAY(B2,-2)

formulas.png

I think if you leave the end date field blank, it uses the same date as the start date - or you can use =B3 to grab the start date.

Hi Diane Poremsky,

Thanks for the reply.

Initially I was using the formula WORKDAY(B2,15) . It was not setting the reminder.

Now I am using WORKDAY.INTL(B2,15) which is working fine for me.

As per your suggestion I have removed the EndDate, it seems fine now.

Now I am facing problem in attendies.

I have used the filed called "RequiredAttendees" and I mapped the same to Outlook field but which is setting reminder only for me. I can see the events in my calendar not in my colleague.

I have attached the screen-shot of Excel calendar, reminder, outlook calendar.

Thanks and regards,
Araamuthan

Attachments

• attendies.png
    attendies.png
    52.9 KB · Views: 580
  • mycalendar.png
    mycalendar.png
    188.6 KB · Views: 607
  • mapping.png
    mapping.png
    195.6 KB · Views: 598
Don't know why workday didn't work, but workday.intl is better - you can control the non-working days using it.

While you can set attendees, they aren't actually sent to the attendees - you'll need to open and send.

Hi Diane Poremsky,

Thanks a lot for your help, I have set the reminder successfully.

Regards,
Araamuthan

Hi Diane Poremsky,

I am facing issue in setting reminder.

My requirement is to set the rminder one day before the event.

Event occurs every 15 working day. As per your suggestions I have used WORKDAY(B2,15,G2:G8) formula for Start Date filed which is woking fine.

For the reminder I have used WORKDAY.INTL(B2,-1) in Reminder Date where am facing problem.

Note:I have successfully Reminder Dtae field to the corresponding outlook field.

I have imported the Excel with all these details in Outlook, which actually blocking the calender only for event date not for the reminder date.

I am getting the pop-up reminder only for the reminder date but i need the reminder one day before the event.

Please help me out in this.

Please find the attachments.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks and regards,
Araamuthan

Attachments

• event.jpg
    event.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 533
  • Excel calendar.jpg
    Excel calendar.jpg
    442.3 KB · Views: 559
appointments use the remindbeforehand field and the reminder field needs to be set to 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.