BCM 2007 no longer showing up within Outlook 2007

  • Thread starter Randy Bratton
  • Start date Views 2,731
R

Randy Bratton

I have BCM installed, but something happened so that when I open Outlook the

BCM button on the toolbar is no longer there, and the layout of my BCM

contacts has been changed to what you see in My Contacts (no email History,

etc.)

I have tried to re-install, but when I do the BCM checkbox is grayed-out, I

suppose telling me it's already installed and it won't let me re-install.

Should I uninstall BCM and start over? I have backed up the *.ldf and *.mdf

files. Can I just restore those files after a re-install?
 
R

Raul Thomas

Go to file > data file management click on add and select Business contact

manager . See if that does the trick for you

Regards

Rahul Thomas [MSFT]

The posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.

https://blogs.msdn.com/rathomas

"Randy Bratton" <RandyBratton> wrote in message

news:0D456311-2BC9-4B48-8728-46D7158A5A29@microsoft.com...
> I have BCM installed, but something happened so that when I open Outlook
> the
> BCM button on the toolbar is no longer there, and the layout of my BCM
> contacts has been changed to what you see in My Contacts (no email
> History,
> etc.)

> I have tried to re-install, but when I do the BCM checkbox is grayed-out,
> I
> suppose telling me it's already installed and it won't let me re-install.

> Should I uninstall BCM and start over? I have backed up the *.ldf and
> *.mdf
> files. Can I just restore those files after a re-install?
 
J

John

On May 22, 4:43 pm, "Raul Thomas" <v_2r...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Go to file > data file management click on add and select Business contact
> manager . See if that does the trick for you

> > Regards

> Rahul Thomas [MSFT]

> The  posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.https://blogs.msdn.com/rathomas

> "Randy Bratton" <RandyBrat...> wrote in message

> news:0D456311-2BC9-4B48-8728-46D7158A5A29@microsoft.com...

>
> > I have BCM installed, but something happened so that when I open Outlook
> > the
> > BCM button on the toolbar is no longer there, and the layout of my BCM
> > contacts has been changed to what you see in My Contacts (no email
> > History,
> > etc.)

>
> > I have tried to re-install, but when I do the BCM checkbox is grayed-out,
> > I
> > suppose telling me it's already installed and it won't let me re-install.

>
> > Should I uninstall BCM and start over?  I have backed up the *.ldf and
> > *.mdf
> > files. Can I just restore those files after a re-install?-




If not, try this:

Tools > Trust Center... > (lefthand-side) Add-ins > (bottom page)

Manage: COM Add-ins > Go...

In the "COM Add-Ins" dialog, see if Business Contact Manager is listed

and its checkbox unchecked. If so, check the checkbox. BCM add-in

might accidentally get disabled by Outlook, and this is the way to re-

enable the add-in.

Hope this helps,

John
 

Genghis7777

Member
Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
Go to file > data file management click on add and select Business contact

manager . See if that does the trick for you

Worked for me.

My problem started when I needed to create a new Outlook Profile and then I couldn't see how to get BCM working again.

Thanks muchly.
 

Top