Lost Outlook emails and address book after system recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vmard

I run Windows XP Pro with Microsoft Office Standard 2007. I use Microsoft

Live OneCare for virus protection. I upgraded to Internet Explorer 8 which

caused such huge problems I ended up doing a system recovery. I am up and

running but have lost all emails and all listings in my Outlook address book;

although when I create a new email and click on "to" my individual email

listings show up. Is there any way i can retrieve my entire address book and

my old emails?
 
G

Gordon

"vmard" <vmard> wrote in message

news:E4B27343-7B16-4F06-90A3-525ABA134F81@microsoft.com...
> I run Windows XP Pro with Microsoft Office Standard 2007. I use Microsoft
> Live OneCare for virus protection. I upgraded to Internet Explorer 8
> which
> caused such huge problems I ended up doing a system recovery. I am up and
> running but have lost all emails and all listings in my Outlook address
> book;
> although when I create a new email and click on "to" my individual email
> listings show up. Is there any way i can retrieve my entire address book
> and
> my old emails?


What EXACTLY do you mean by "system recovery"? What exactly did you do?

Asking a question?

Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about,

your OS, Service Pack level

and the FULL contents of any error message(s)
 
V

vmard

I have the system recovery disk which I used when I rebooted the computer;

when it asked if I wanted to just recover the system or format the drive, I

recovered windows but kept my other folders and files.

"Gordon" wrote:



> "vmard" <vmard> wrote in message
> news:E4B27343-7B16-4F06-90A3-525ABA134F81@microsoft.com...
> > I run Windows XP Pro with Microsoft Office Standard 2007. I use Microsoft
> > Live OneCare for virus protection. I upgraded to Internet Explorer 8
> > which
> > caused such huge problems I ended up doing a system recovery. I am up and
> > running but have lost all emails and all listings in my Outlook address
> > book;
> > although when I create a new email and click on "to" my individual email
> > listings show up. Is there any way i can retrieve my entire address book
> > and
> > my old emails?


> What EXACTLY do you mean by "system recovery"? What exactly did you do?

> > Asking a question?
> Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about,
> your OS, Service Pack level
> and the FULL contents of any error message(s)

>
 
G

Gordon

"vmard" <vmard> wrote in message

news:61FBB285-CE8D-4EA2-A415-955E68F0F160@microsoft.com...
> I have the system recovery disk which I used when I rebooted the computer;
> when it asked if I wanted to just recover the system or format the drive,
> I
> recovered windows but kept my other folders and files.
>


Presumably you then re-installed Office?

In suspect that what has happened is that Outlook created a new Profile with

a new (empty) pst file.

Do a search for *.pst - you will have to enable hidden files in your search

and tell us what that finds.

Asking a question?

Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about,

your OS, Service Pack level

and the FULL contents of any error message(s)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads

Top