Address book and displaying the contact list they are from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alan S

Greetings all.

I have 2 contact lists (work & Personal) I have linked them across in to 1
address book, but want to know if it is possible to display the contact list
they come from and if so how to do it.

I want this to assist in the sorting out of duplicate contacts as well.
 
R

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Try posting again with clarity. "I have linked them across in to 1 address
book" could make sense only to you. Not to us.
State what you did in precise terms. State what you want to do in precise
terms. Include other necessary information while you're at it, like your
Outlook version and information store. In Outlook, the address book view
would never be used for manipulating Contact data.
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Alan S" <Alan S> wrote in message
news:C8575E83-E998-45F0-AAEA-1CBDB8A3C518@microsoft.com...
> Greetings all.
>
> I have 2 contact lists (work & Personal) but want to know if it is
> possible to display the contact list
> they come from and if so how to do it.
>
> I want this to assist in the sorting out of duplicate contacts as well.


 
A

Alan S


Sorry Russ

I am new to the Outlook. I am using Outlook 2007 12.0.6423.1000 SP2

When I say I have linked them I assume I have as in gthe Account Settings
Address Books I have them all selected there.

Whatg I want is to view all contacts from Work & Personal address/contact
books in the one location with a field that identifies which address/contact
book the are from/attached to.

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Try posting again with clarity. "I have linked them across in to 1 address
> book" could make sense only to you. Not to us.
> State what you did in precise terms. State what you want to do in precise
> terms. Include other necessary information while you're at it, like your
> Outlook version and information store. In Outlook, the address book view
> would never be used for manipulating Contact data.
> > Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Alan S" <Alan S> wrote in message
> news:C8575E83-E998-45F0-AAEA-1CBDB8A3C518@microsoft.com...
> > Greetings all.
> >
> > I have 2 contact lists (work & Personal) but want to know if it is
> > possible to display the contact list
> > they come from and if so how to do it.
> >
> > I want this to assist in the sorting out of duplicate contacts as well.

>
>

 
R

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Can't understand your confusion. Any Contact Folder you have selected for
display in your address book view will appear separately. You could have no
question which you are viewing. Explain why life is not the same on your
planet.
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Alan S" <AlanS> wrote in message
news:6B98E9A3-CC92-41E5-BD94-6B9350ADA325@microsoft.com...
>
> Sorry Russ
>
> I am new to the Outlook. I am using Outlook 2007 12.0.6423.1000 SP2
>
> When I say I have linked them I assume I have as in gthe Account Settings
> Address Books I have them all selected there.
>
> Whatg I want is to view all contacts from Work & Personal address/contact
> books in the one location with a field that identifies which
> address/contact
> book the are from/attached to.
>
>
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> Try posting again with clarity. "I have linked them across in to 1
>> address
>> book" could make sense only to you. Not to us.
>> State what you did in precise terms. State what you want to do in precise
>> terms. Include other necessary information while you're at it, like your
>> Outlook version and information store. In Outlook, the address book view
>> would never be used for manipulating Contact data.
>> >> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Alan S" <Alan S> wrote in message
>> news:C8575E83-E998-45F0-AAEA-1CBDB8A3C518@microsoft.com...
>> > Greetings all.
>> >
>> > I have 2 contact lists (work & Personal) but want to know if it is
>> > possible to display the contact list
>> > they come from and if so how to do it.
>> >
>> > I want this to assist in the sorting out of duplicate contacts as well.

>>
>>


 
A

Alan S


Russ

Fixed!!

When I was in the all contacts and seached I wanted to know th econtact book
it had found the contact in. I went back in to the customise view and found
the "Data File" field. I am using the so I can determine where the contact
is from.

I am still learning how to manage contacts from a personal mobile and a work
mobile which I have both synching to outlook. I think I may have to merge
(will have to work out how to merge them) all contacts and then only have 1
contact file to deal with.
"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Can't understand your confusion. Any Contact Folder you have selected for
> display in your address book view will appear separately. You could have no
> question which you are viewing. Explain why life is not the same on your
> planet.
> > Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Alan S" <AlanS> wrote in message
> news:6B98E9A3-CC92-41E5-BD94-6B9350ADA325@microsoft.com...
> >
> > Sorry Russ
> >
> > I am new to the Outlook. I am using Outlook 2007 12.0.6423.1000 SP2
> >
> > When I say I have linked them I assume I have as in gthe Account Settings
> > Address Books I have them all selected there.
> >
> > Whatg I want is to view all contacts from Work & Personal address/contact
> > books in the one location with a field that identifies which
> > address/contact
> > book the are from/attached to.
> >
> >
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> Try posting again with clarity. "I have linked them across in to 1
> >> address
> >> book" could make sense only to you. Not to us.
> >> State what you did in precise terms. State what you want to do in precise
> >> terms. Include other necessary information while you're at it, like your
> >> Outlook version and information store. In Outlook, the address book view
> >> would never be used for manipulating Contact data.
> >> > >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]
> >> "Alan S" <Alan S> wrote in message
> >> news:C8575E83-E998-45F0-AAEA-1CBDB8A3C518@microsoft.com...
> >> > Greetings all.
> >> >
> >> > I have 2 contact lists (work & Personal) but want to know if it is
> >> > possible to display the contact list
> >> > they come from and if so how to do it.
> >> >
> >> > I want this to assist in the sorting out of duplicate contacts as well.
> >>
> >>

>
>

 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads

Top