Import and Export Occurs Multiple Times in File Menu in Outlook 2003

  • Thread starter Tom Naves
  • Start date Views 1,555
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom Naves

I have a user that has a problem with Outlook 2003. When he selects the

File menu and it drops down, Import and Export occurs a dozen times. I have

not been able to find andy infortmation on this. Has anyone seen this

before? Anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks,
 
K

K. Orland

Close Outlook. Verify in the task manager > processes that it is completely

closed, outlook.exe is not running. Search for outcmd.dat and rename it. You

may have to use Advanced search and include hidden files and folders. Then

open Outlook and see if this is rectified.

If not, open Outlook in safe mode. Start > Run > outlook.exe /safe

If this multiple entries isn't seen, there is an Add In that is interfering

with normal Outlook behaviour. Disable them all, then add them back one at a

time - testing each one to find the culprit.

"Tom Naves" <tom.naves@orthodyne.com> wrote in message

news:ONARoK18JHA.3752@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> I have a user that has a problem with Outlook 2003. When he selects the
> File menu and it drops down, Import and Export occurs a dozen times. I


have
> not been able to find andy infortmation on this. Has anyone seen this
> before? Anyone know how to fix it?

> Thanks,

>
 
T

Tom Naves

I searched for outcmd.exe and could not find it.

I started Outlook in safe mode and the problem went away. I took out all

the add-ins and started Outlook normally and the problem was back. Starting

in safe mode must disable more that the add-ins. Any ideas on where to

look?

Thanks.

"K. Orland" <korland@nospamrogers.com> wrote in message

news:e$zI6O18JHA.3544@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Close Outlook. Verify in the task manager > processes that it is
> completely
> closed, outlook.exe is not running. Search for outcmd.dat and rename it.
> You
> may have to use Advanced search and include hidden files and folders. Then
> open Outlook and see if this is rectified.

> If not, open Outlook in safe mode. Start > Run > outlook.exe /safe

> If this multiple entries isn't seen, there is an Add In that is
> interfering
> with normal Outlook behaviour. Disable them all, then add them back one at
> a
> time - testing each one to find the culprit.

> "Tom Naves" <tom.naves@orthodyne.com> wrote in message
> news:ONARoK18JHA.3752@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> > I have a user that has a problem with Outlook 2003. When he selects the
> > File menu and it drops down, Import and Export occurs a dozen times. I

> have
> > not been able to find andy infortmation on this. Has anyone seen this
> > before? Anyone know how to fix it?
>

>> Thanks,
>

>
>>


>
 
P

Pat Willener

Re: Import and Export Occurs Multiple Times in File Menu in Outlook2003

The instruction was to search for 'outcmd.dat', not 'outcmd.exe'. Also,

did you allow hidden files?

Tom Naves wrote:
> I searched for outcmd.exe and could not find it.

> I started Outlook in safe mode and the problem went away. I took out all
> the add-ins and started Outlook normally and the problem was back. Starting
> in safe mode must disable more that the add-ins. Any ideas on where to
> look?

> Thanks.

> "K. Orland" <korland@nospamrogers.com> wrote in message
> news:e$zI6O18JHA.3544@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> > Close Outlook. Verify in the task manager > processes that it is
> > completely
> > closed, outlook.exe is not running. Search for outcmd.dat and rename it.
> > You
> > may have to use Advanced search and include hidden files and folders. Then
> > open Outlook and see if this is rectified.
>

>> If not, open Outlook in safe mode. Start > Run > outlook.exe /safe
>

>> If this multiple entries isn't seen, there is an Add In that is
> > interfering
> > with normal Outlook behaviour. Disable them all, then add them back one at
> > a
> > time - testing each one to find the culprit.
>

>
>
>> "Tom Naves" <tom.naves@orthodyne.com> wrote in message
> > news:ONARoK18JHA.3752@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> >> I have a user that has a problem with Outlook 2003. When he selects the
> >> File menu and it drops down, Import and Export occurs a dozen times. I

> > have
> >> not been able to find andy infortmation on this. Has anyone seen this
> >> before? Anyone know how to fix it?
> >
>>> Thanks,
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads


Top