Send and Receive Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tlyoungb

Hi,

Ok I have Outlook 2003 installed and it has been running on the saptop for a
good while. I am using Bellsouth for my ISP. Well bellsouth has now joined
forces with Yahoo as their email link now. What use to be the
POP:mail.bellsouth.net, and SMTP: mail . bellsouth.net has all changed.

So now the mail will not work with the old server data now I have to use the
new server data like pop.att.yahoo.com and smtp.att.yahoo.com. The port
address also changed as well as the SSL options. They are no used.

Ok So I make these changes, and the test shows everything is working ok and
I can send a receive mail, but I keep getting the error that it can't send
mail. Even thought I can send mail I just keep getting the message. I have
pretty much tried everything short of removing Outlook 2003 and doing a
reinstall.

Any idea as to why this message keeps popping up?

Thanks,

 
K

K. Orland

What is the error message exactly?

"tlyoungb" <tlyoungb> wrote in message
news:C2FCC097-EA7B-49D5-81FF-7B132F29B93B@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> Ok I have Outlook 2003 installed and it has been running on the saptop for

a
> good while. I am using Bellsouth for my ISP. Well bellsouth has now joined
> forces with Yahoo as their email link now. What use to be the
> POP:mail.bellsouth.net, and SMTP: mail . bellsouth.net has all changed.
>
> So now the mail will not work with the old server data now I have to use

the
> new server data like pop.att.yahoo.com and smtp.att.yahoo.com. The port
> address also changed as well as the SSL options. They are no used.
>
> Ok So I make these changes, and the test shows everything is working ok

and
> I can send a receive mail, but I keep getting the error that it can't send
> mail. Even thought I can send mail I just keep getting the message. I have
> pretty much tried everything short of removing Outlook 2003 and doing a
> reinstall.
>
> Any idea as to why this message keeps popping up?
>
> Thanks,
>


 

Brian Tillman

Senior Member
"tlyoungb" <tlyoungb> wrote in message
news:C2FCC097-EA7B-49D5-81FF-7B132F29B93B@microsoft.com...

> Ok So I make these changes, and the test shows everything is working ok and
> I can send a receive mail, but I keep getting the error that it can't send
> mail. Even thought I can send mail I just keep getting the message. I have
> pretty much tried everything short of removing Outlook 2003 and doing a
> reinstall.


Error messages contain information. ALways post the exact and complete text
of errors if you can't figure out what they're telling you.

The most likely problem is that you're not authenticating properly to the
outgoing server, but because you didn't post the error and you didn't include
your server settings, we can only guess.

 
T

tlyoungb

Hold on, and I will get the error message for you. It is strange. It will
send, because I can see the message in the outbox and then it disappears and
I can see the message in the Sent Items. Then out of nowhere pops up message
that there was an error sending. Really strange thing is that the person I
sent the message to? Gets the message I sent.

"K. Orland" wrote:

> What is the error message exactly?
>
>
> "tlyoungb" <tlyoungb> wrote in message
> news:C2FCC097-EA7B-49D5-81FF-7B132F29B93B@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Ok I have Outlook 2003 installed and it has been running on the saptop for

> a
> > good while. I am using Bellsouth for my ISP. Well bellsouth has now joined
> > forces with Yahoo as their email link now. What use to be the
> > POP:mail.bellsouth.net, and SMTP: mail . bellsouth.net has all changed.
> >
> > So now the mail will not work with the old server data now I have to use

> the
> > new server data like pop.att.yahoo.com and smtp.att.yahoo.com. The port
> > address also changed as well as the SSL options. They are no used.
> >
> > Ok So I make these changes, and the test shows everything is working ok

> and
> > I can send a receive mail, but I keep getting the error that it can't send
> > mail. Even thought I can send mail I just keep getting the message. I have
> > pretty much tried everything short of removing Outlook 2003 and doing a
> > reinstall.
> >
> > Any idea as to why this message keeps popping up?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

>
>
>

 
K

K. Orland

Do you have antivirus actively scanning incoming and outgoing email? This
can potentially be the cause of the errors. Disable the scanning and try
again. You may have to uninstall the AV software and reinstall it, omitting
the integration with Outlook.

If you're using Norton, even uninstalling isn't enough. Go to their website
and get the utility that will help you to properly remove the software.

"tlyoungb" <tlyoungb> wrote in message
news:2BBD0147-4EA3-4330-8E7C-2D438117F7A1@microsoft.com...
> Hold on, and I will get the error message for you. It is strange. It will
> send, because I can see the message in the outbox and then it disappears

and
> I can see the message in the Sent Items. Then out of nowhere pops up

message
> that there was an error sending. Really strange thing is that the person I
> sent the message to? Gets the message I sent.
>
> "K. Orland" wrote:
>
> > What is the error message exactly?
> >
> >
> > "tlyoungb" <tlyoungb> wrote in message
> > news:C2FCC097-EA7B-49D5-81FF-7B132F29B93B@microsoft.com...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Ok I have Outlook 2003 installed and it has been running on the saptop

for
> > a
> > > good while. I am using Bellsouth for my ISP. Well bellsouth has now

joined
> > > forces with Yahoo as their email link now. What use to be the
> > > POP:mail.bellsouth.net, and SMTP: mail . bellsouth.net has all

changed.
> > >
> > > So now the mail will not work with the old server data now I have to

use
> > the
> > > new server data like pop.att.yahoo.com and smtp.att.yahoo.com. The

port
> > > address also changed as well as the SSL options. They are no used.
> > >
> > > Ok So I make these changes, and the test shows everything is working

ok
> > and
> > > I can send a receive mail, but I keep getting the error that it can't

send
> > > mail. Even thought I can send mail I just keep getting the message. I

have
> > > pretty much tried everything short of removing Outlook 2003 and doing

a
> > > reinstall.
> > >
> > > Any idea as to why this message keeps popping up?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >

> >
> >
> >


 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads

Top