Automatically populating calendar without an e-mail

  • Thread starter sassygerl
  • Start date Views 883
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sassygerl

Hi there - My boss has been continually having a problem with her Outlook
2003. It doesn't happen all the time but enough to make her go bonkers.

Some of the meeting requests other people send her automatically populate
her calendar without going into her inbox first. She doesn't accept or
reject, they just go into her calendar.

Also, today, one of her events went into her calendar and showed that she
accepted it but she was away from her desk at the time. Only few people are
delegates and neither of them accepted for her. That notification ended up in
the deleted folder.

Can anyone explain why this would happen? Thanks!
 

Diane Poremsky

Senior Member
Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
does she have outlook set to autoprocess? tools, options, calendar options,
resource scheduling.

What version of exchange do you use? Exchange 2007 can be configured to not
autoprocess -
http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2009/up090611.htm#4

"sassygerl" <sassygerl> wrote in message
news:86439034-0CE6-482D-8EE4-FD1C5E981B69@microsoft.com...
> Hi there - My boss has been continually having a problem with her Outlook
> 2003. It doesn't happen all the time but enough to make her go bonkers.
>
> Some of the meeting requests other people send her automatically populate
> her calendar without going into her inbox first. She doesn't accept or
> reject, they just go into her calendar.
>
> Also, today, one of her events went into her calendar and showed that she
> accepted it but she was away from her desk at the time. Only few people
> are
> delegates and neither of them accepted for her. That notification ended up
> in
> the deleted folder.
>
> Can anyone explain why this would happen? Thanks!


 
S

sassygerl

Thank you for your response. I don't know how to check what Exchange version
she is using but, I checked the autoprocess and the box was checked. I
unchecked it so hopefully it'll work.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> does she have outlook set to autoprocess? tools, options, calendar options,
> resource scheduling.
>
> What version of exchange do you use? Exchange 2007 can be configured to not
> autoprocess -
> http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2009/up090611.htm#4
>
> >

>

>

>
>

>

>
>

>

>
>

>

>
> "sassygerl" <sassygerl> wrote in message
> news:86439034-0CE6-482D-8EE4-FD1C5E981B69@microsoft.com...
> > Hi there - My boss has been continually having a problem with her Outlook
> > 2003. It doesn't happen all the time but enough to make her go bonkers.
> >
> > Some of the meeting requests other people send her automatically populate
> > her calendar without going into her inbox first. She doesn't accept or
> > reject, they just go into her calendar.
> >
> > Also, today, one of her events went into her calendar and showed that she
> > accepted it but she was away from her desk at the time. Only few people
> > are
> > delegates and neither of them accepted for her. That notification ended up
> > in
> > the deleted folder.
> >
> > Can anyone explain why this would happen? Thanks!

>
>

 

Diane Poremsky

Senior Member
Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
That should fix it - they will be added to her calendar tentatively but
remain in the inbox until she accepts and declines.

Exchange 2007 can be configured to not add calendar items tentatively, but
older versions don't have that option.

"sassygerl" <sassygerl> wrote in message
news:2ED3BCC8-511E-47D6-91C4-4D1E45C5EC80@microsoft.com...
> Thank you for your response. I don't know how to check what Exchange
> version
> she is using but, I checked the autoprocess and the box was checked. I
> unchecked it so hopefully it'll work.
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> does she have outlook set to autoprocess? tools, options, calendar
>> options,
>> resource scheduling.
>>
>> What version of exchange do you use? Exchange 2007 can be configured to
>> not
>> autoprocess -
>> http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2009/up090611.htm#4
>>
>> >>

>>

>>

>>
>>

>>

>>
>>

>>

>>
>>

>>

>>
>> "sassygerl" <sassygerl> wrote in message
>> news:86439034-0CE6-482D-8EE4-FD1C5E981B69@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi there - My boss has been continually having a problem with her
>> > Outlook
>> > 2003. It doesn't happen all the time but enough to make her go bonkers.
>> >
>> > Some of the meeting requests other people send her automatically
>> > populate
>> > her calendar without going into her inbox first. She doesn't accept or
>> > reject, they just go into her calendar.
>> >
>> > Also, today, one of her events went into her calendar and showed that
>> > she
>> > accepted it but she was away from her desk at the time. Only few people
>> > are
>> > delegates and neither of them accepted for her. That notification ended
>> > up
>> > in
>> > the deleted folder.
>> >
>> > Can anyone explain why this would happen? Thanks!

>>
>>

 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top