• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Re: How to automatically forward all emails to other email account

N

NanMcD

#1
I want to auto forward emails from a particular company, regardless of the

sender. How would I structure the rule? For example, if I want to foward all

emails from FedEX, can I put just FedEx in the rule? Or FedEx.com? Or

*@FedEx.com where the * (or some other character) is like a wildcard?

"Leo Zheng" wrote:


> Thanks a lot!

> "F. H. Muffman" wrote:
>
> > "Leo Zheng" <Leo Zheng> wrote in message
> > news:F869A94E-2A23-44C2-8091-2ECE9E40A32E@microsoft.com...
> > > How to automatically forward all emails to other email accounts in
> > > Outlook?

> > Well, if they are POP/IMAP accounts, I'd actually look at a method on the
> > ISP side since any Outlook based solution would require Outlook to always be
> > running.
> > If it is an Exchange account, I'd talk to the Exchange administrator about
> > doing an automatic redirect for the same reason.
> > > > f.h.
> >
 
#2
"NanMcD" <NanMcD> wrote in message

news:D7562F19-257D-4A90-A94A-92F6B4909672@microsoft.com...


> I want to auto forward emails from a particular company, regardless of the
> sender. How would I structure the rule? For example, if I want to foward all
> emails from FedEX, can I put just FedEx in the rule? Or FedEx.com? Or
> *@FedEx.com where the * (or some other character) is like a wildcard?


Use the condition "with specific words in the sender's address" and use either

"fedex" or "fedex.com" as the specific words. Outlook rules do not use

wildcards, but the strings you choose are substrings, so that using "fedex"

will match any string containing those five characters.

--
 
N

NanMcD

#3
Brian, many thanks. Will this work regardless of whether or not the auto

forward is from an individual's Outlook or if the auto forward is from the

Exchange Server? Also, can I do this using Exchange 2003? We won't be

upgrading to Exchange 2007 for a few more months.

"Brian Tillman " wrote:


> "NanMcD" <NanMcD> wrote in message
> news:D7562F19-257D-4A90-A94A-92F6B4909672@microsoft.com...
>
> >I want to auto forward emails from a particular company, regardless of the
> > sender. How would I structure the rule? For example, if I want to foward all
> > emails from FedEX, can I put just FedEx in the rule? Or FedEx.com? Or
> > *@FedEx.com where the * (or some other character) is like a wildcard?


> Use the condition "with specific words in the sender's address" and use either
> "fedex" or "fedex.com" as the specific words. Outlook rules do not use
> wildcards, but the strings you choose are substrings, so that using "fedex"
> will match any string containing those five characters.
> >

>
 
#4
"NanMcD" <NanMcD> wrote in message

news:7FC23894-FCB5-401A-A5AE-10EFC3BFABE6@microsoft.com...


> Brian, many thanks. Will this work regardless of whether or not the auto
> forward is from an individual's Outlook or if the auto forward is from the
> Exchange Server? Also, can I do this using Exchange 2003? We won't be
> upgrading to Exchange 2007 for a few more months.


It will work as long as the the message matches the rule's condition. If the

sender's address contains the string, the message will be forwarded. If the

recipient to whom the message is forwarded is in the GAL, the rule should be

server-side and Exchange will handle it completely even with Outlook not

running, provided Exchange is configured to allow autoforwarding, even if the

recipient address is an outside address. If the recipient address is a

locally stored address (in a PST's Contacts folder) or there is no Exchange

server, then Outlook will need to remain running.

--