How to get RFC822 format message from the MailItem object.

  • Thread starter Sandeep K
  • Start date Views 3,331
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sandeep K

Hi All,

I want to send email content from the email in outlook 2007 and 2003 to some

server in rfc822 format but i am not able to get even complete message from

MailItem object. Can someone help me to find out how can i create rfc822

format compliant email message from MailItem object.
 
S

Sandeep K

I have not seen any answer to my email so let me give more details on the

problem. My requirement is to post complete content of email to some server.

Now this server accepts messages in RFC822 format which is std email format.

I have not found any API to get complete message content. Can i at least get

that or I have to live with retrieving subject, body and headers separately.

"Sandeep K" wrote:


> Hi All,
> I want to send email content from the email in outlook 2007 and 2003 to some
> server in rfc822 format but i am not able to get even complete message from
> MailItem object. Can someone help me to find out how can i create rfc822
> format compliant email message from MailItem object.
 
K

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

Are you using the Redemption library at all? That has an option to save

messages in RFC822 format. You would use the RDOMail.SaveAs() method with an

olRFC822 argument.

"Sandeep K" <SandeepK> wrote in message

news:D3B99D05-D08E-4C84-9515-1D75FE91204A@microsoft.com...

> I have not seen any answer to my email so let me give more details on the
> problem. My requirement is to post complete content of email to some
> server.
> Now this server accepts messages in RFC822 format which is std email
> format.
> I have not found any API to get complete message content. Can i at least
> get
> that or I have to live with retrieving subject, body and headers
> separately.

> "Sandeep K" wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> > I want to send email content from the email in outlook 2007 and 2003 to
> > some
> > server in rfc822 format but i am not able to get even complete message
> > from
> > MailItem object. Can someone help me to find out how can i create rfc822
> > format compliant email message from MailItem object.
 
S

Sandeep K

No I am not using Redemption library. I am developing VSTO 2005 SE Add-in in

C#.
wrote:


> Are you using the Redemption library at all? That has an option to save
> messages in RFC822 format. You would use the RDOMail.SaveAs() method with an
> olRFC822 argument.

> >

>

> "Sandeep K" <SandeepK> wrote in message
> news:D3B99D05-D08E-4C84-9515-1D75FE91204A@microsoft.com...
> > I have not seen any answer to my email so let me give more details on the
> > problem. My requirement is to post complete content of email to some
> > server.
> > Now this server accepts messages in RFC822 format which is std email
> > format.
> > I have not found any API to get complete message content. Can i at least
> > get
> > that or I have to live with retrieving subject, body and headers
> > separately.
> > "Sandeep K" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi All,
> >> I want to send email content from the email in outlook 2007 and 2003 to
> >> some
> >> server in rfc822 format but i am not able to get even complete message
> >> from
> >> MailItem object. Can someone help me to find out how can i create rfc822
> >> format compliant email message from MailItem object.


>
 
K

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

Other than brute force that's the only way I know to do what you want.

"Sandeep K" <SandeepK> wrote in message

news:50BF62BB-71AE-48A6-B9DF-E6E44DDA9F3B@microsoft.com...
> No I am not using Redemption library. I am developing VSTO 2005 SE Add-in
> in
> C#.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top