Outlook 2007 slow to connect to exchange server

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MTCS

Re-posting - my windows mail is not showing it got to the newsgroup when I

posted earlier today.....

I have two PC's running Vista Ultimate x64 and Office 2007. Outlook is

configured identically on both PC's. One PC connects to the exchange server

immediately, but the other always takes many minutes before it successfully

connects. I haven't been able to figure out had to resolve it.

I've tried many suggestions I've seen by trawling through Google, including

disabling add-ins, deleted temporary outlook files (extend.dat etc),

disabling download of shared folders. It's being used in cached exchange

mode. I've currently got outlook starting with logging enabled but I don't

know how to interpret the log, so I've pasted it below in the hope that some

one knows what it all means.

I've also looked at disabling the autotuning for the TCPIP properties of the

network stack, but I haven't tried it because the PC that is working fine

doesn't have that disabled, and it seems that speeds up downloads, whereas

my problem is the amount of time it takes to connect to the exchange

server - once it's connected it downloads speedily enough.

Here's the OPMLOG.log text.....

2009.04.10 13:25:52 <<<< Logging Started (level is LTF_TRACE) >>>
2009.04.10 13:25:52 Failed to initialize the resource manager (hr =

0x80040401)

2009.04.10 13:26:46 HELPER::Initialize called

2009.04.10 13:26:46 Initializing: Finding a Transport

2009.04.10 13:26:46 MAPI XP Call: XPProviderInit in EMSMDB.DLL, hr =

0x00000000

2009.04.10 13:26:46 MAPI XP Call: TransportLogon, hr = 0x8004011d

2009.04.10 13:26:46 MAPI XP Call: Shutdown, hr = 0x00000000

2009.04.10 13:26:46 MAPI XP Call: XPProviderInit in EMSMDB.DLL, hr =

0x00000000

2009.04.10 13:26:46 Microsoft Exchange: Synch operation started (flags =

00000001)

2009.04.10 13:26:46 Microsoft Exchange: UploadItems: 0 messages to send

2009.04.10 13:26:46 Microsoft Exchange: Synch operation completed

2009.04.10 13:29:01 MAPI Status: (-- -- ---/--- -- ---)

2009.04.10 13:29:01 MAPI XP Call: TransportLogon, hr = 0x00000000

2009.04.10 13:29:01 Initializing: Found a transport, Error code = 0x00000000

2009.04.10 13:29:01 MAPI XP Call: AddressTypes, hr = 0x00000000, cAddrs = 9,

cUids = 1

2009.04.10 13:29:01 MAPI XP Call: RegisterOptions, hr = 0x00000000, cOptions

= 2

2009.04.10 13:29:01 MAPI Status: (IN -- ---/OUT -- ---)

2009.04.10 13:29:01 MAPI XP Call: TransportNotify(BEGIN_IN|BEGIN_OUT), hr =

0x00000000

2009.04.10 13:29:01 HELPER::Initialize done, Error code = 0x00000000

2009.04.10 13:29:01 HELPER::GetCapabilities called, Error code = 0x00000000

You can see from the log the amount of time it takes from when Outlook

starts to the point where it's connected - just over 3 minutes. During this

time the PC is idling.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome.

Regards

mike
 
B

b2xkbWFubWlrZQ

I am seeing the same error. I have pasted part of my log below. My problems

only started after loading wireless manager software from Dell to manage the

wireless lan card and the WAN modem using an AT&T internal cellular modem.

i've rebuilt the machine from OS up, and the problem only happens after

installing the wireless manager software from Dell, or from AT&T. Not sure

what else to troubleshoot, although i have a spot-on duplicate machine that i

might swap this hard drive into. Any input would be appreciated

2009.06.04 10:28:48 <<<< Logging Started (level is LTF_TRACE) >>>
2009.06.04 10:28:48 Failed to initialize the resource manager (hr =

0x80040401)

2009.06.04 10:29:05 Failed to initialize the resource manager (hr =

0x80040401)

2009.06.04 10:30:18 Failed to initialize the resource manager (hr =

0x80040401)

2009.06.04 10:30:23 Failed to initialize the resource manager (hr =

0x80040401)

2009.06.04 10:32:26 HELPER::Initialize called

2009.06.04 10:32:26 Initializing: Finding a Transport

2009.06.04 10:32:26 MAPI XP Call: XPProviderInit in EMSMDB.DLL, hr =

0x00000000

2009.06.04 10:32:26 MAPI XP Call: TransportLogon, hr = 0x8004011d

2009.06.04 10:32:26 MAPI XP Call: Shutdown, hr = 0x00000000

2009.06.04 10:32:26 MAPI XP Call: XPProviderInit in EMSMDB.DLL, hr =

0x00000000

2009.06.04 10:32:26 MAPI Status: (-- -- ---/--- -- ---)

2009.06.04 10:32:26 MAPI XP Call: TransportLogon, hr = 0x00000000

2009.06.04 10:32:26 Initializing: Found a transport, Error code = 0x00000000

2009.06.04 10:32:26 MAPI XP Call: AddressTypes, hr = 0x00000000, cAddrs = 3,

cUids = 1

2009.06.04 10:32:26 MAPI XP Call: RegisterOptions, hr = 0x00000000, cOptions

= 2

2009.06.04 10:32:26 MAPI Status: (IN -- ---/OUT -- ---)

2009.06.04 10:32:26 MAPI XP Call: TransportNotify(BEGIN_IN|BEGIN_OUT), hr =

0x00000000

2009.06.04 10:32:26 HELPER::Initialize done, Error code = 0x00000000

2009.06.04 10:32:26 HELPER::GetCapabilities called, Error code = 0x00000000

2009.06.04 10:32:26 HELPER::Initialize called

2009.06.04 10:32:26 Initializing: Finding a Transport

2009.06.04 10:32:26 MAPI XP Call: XPProviderInit in XPSTVM.DLL, hr =

0x00000000
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads

Top