Outlook e-mail format

  • Thread starter JGreg7
  • Start date Views 770
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JGreg7

In Outlook 2003, is there a way to force the outgoing e-mail for new as well
as the reply, to always be in a certain format? On the menu
Tools>options>mail format I have HTML selected, however when I reply to
e-mails sent in plain text or rich text, the reply takes on the format of the
received e-mail.

Rich text e-mails seem to always have some type of double space formatting
that is quite un-usable when responding unless I edit the e-mail first to
change it to HTML. Then it works well.

 

Brian Tillman

Senior Member
"JGreg7" <JGreg7> wrote in message
news:2A0C33A8-2F35-444D-A459-C22860CF7E59@microsoft.com...

> In Outlook 2003, is there a way to force the outgoing e-mail for new as well
> as the reply, to always be in a certain format?


No.

> On the menu
> Tools>options>mail format I have HTML selected, however when I reply to
> e-mails sent in plain text or rich text, the reply takes on the format of
> the
> received e-mail.


This is always true and cannot be changed.

 
G

Gordon


"JGreg7" <JGreg7> wrote in message
news:2A0C33A8-2F35-444D-A459-C22860CF7E59@microsoft.com...
> In Outlook 2003, is there a way to force the outgoing e-mail for new as
> well
> as the reply, to always be in a certain format? On the menu
> Tools>options>mail format I have HTML selected, however when I reply to
> e-mails sent in plain text or rich text, the reply takes on the format of
> the
> received e-mail.
>


Absolutely. Have you thought that people who send in plain text do it for a
reason and wouldn't take kindly to receiving a reply in a format they don't
want on their computer?

 
J

JGreg7

Your point is well taken. Is there a way I can set my e-mal to receive only
in a certain format?

"Gordon" wrote:

>
> "JGreg7" <JGreg7> wrote in message
> news:2A0C33A8-2F35-444D-A459-C22860CF7E59@microsoft.com...
> > In Outlook 2003, is there a way to force the outgoing e-mail for new as
> > well
> > as the reply, to always be in a certain format? On the menu
> > Tools>options>mail format I have HTML selected, however when I reply to
> > e-mails sent in plain text or rich text, the reply takes on the format of
> > the
> > received e-mail.
> >

>
> Absolutely. Have you thought that people who send in plain text do it for a
> reason and wouldn't take kindly to receiving a reply in a format they don't
> want on their computer?
>
>
>

 
B

Bob I

yep, as long as your choice is "plain text".

JGreg7 wrote:

> Your point is well taken. Is there a way I can set my e-mal to receive only
> in a certain format?
>
> "Gordon" wrote:
>
>
>>"JGreg7" <JGreg7> wrote in message
>>news:2A0C33A8-2F35-444D-A459-C22860CF7E59@microsoft.com...
>>
>>>In Outlook 2003, is there a way to force the outgoing e-mail for new as
>>>well
>>>as the reply, to always be in a certain format? On the menu
>>>Tools>options>mail format I have HTML selected, however when I reply to
>>>e-mails sent in plain text or rich text, the reply takes on the format of
>>>the
>>>received e-mail.
>>>

>>
>>Absolutely. Have you thought that people who send in plain text do it for a
>>reason and wouldn't take kindly to receiving a reply in a format they don't
>>want on their computer?
>>
>>
>>


 

Brian Tillman

Senior Member
"JGreg7" <JGreg7> wrote in message
news:E355083E-9F57-49C7-9CF9-54167E35EAAD@microsoft.com...

> Your point is well taken. Is there a way I can set my e-mal to receive only
> in a certain format?


The only setting like that Outlook has it to receive everything in Plain Text.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top