Can't connect to my Comcast email account with Outlook Connector

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Al

I have two email accounts - one with Hotmail and one with Comcast. I

downloaded and installed Outlook Connecter to be able to use both accounts.

When i open Outlook my regular Comcast email opens and operates normally and

so does my Hotmail email. A separate window opens that asks for my comcast

email address and password. It will not accept them. Why?

Al
 
R

Roady [MVP]

When you go to Tools-> Account Settings... are your Outlook Connector

account and the Comcast account the only 2 configured accounts or are there

listed more?

---
"Al" <Al> wrote in message

news:3678F47D-FDA5-4484-9B95-093B5B9C1C5F@microsoft.com...
> I have two email accounts - one with Hotmail and one with Comcast. I
> downloaded and installed Outlook Connecter to be able to use both
> accounts.
> When i open Outlook my regular Comcast email opens and operates normally
> and
> so does my Hotmail email. A separate window opens that asks for my
> comcast
> email address and password. It will not accept them. Why?
> > Al
 
A

Al

Re: Can't connect to my Comcast email account with Outlook Connect

I have three accounts listed.

Comcast as a POP 3

Comcast as a MAPI

Hotmail as a MAPI

If I remove the Comcast POP 3 will I lose all my emails?

Al

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:


> When you go to Tools-> Account Settings... are your Outlook Connector
> account and the Comcast account the only 2 configured accounts or are there
> listed more?

> >

> ---
> "Al" <Al> wrote in message
> news:3678F47D-FDA5-4484-9B95-093B5B9C1C5F@microsoft.com...
> > I have two email accounts - one with Hotmail and one with Comcast. I
> > downloaded and installed Outlook Connecter to be able to use both
> > accounts.
> > When i open Outlook my regular Comcast email opens and operates normally
> > and
> > so does my Hotmail email. A separate window opens that asks for my
> > comcast
> > email address and password. It will not accept them. Why?
> > > > Al


>
 
R

Roady [MVP]

Re: Can't connect to my Comcast email account with Outlook Connect

No, removing a POP3 account will not lose emails.

---
"Al" <Al> wrote in message

news:2ACE6327-3723-4804-92C9-B94A6593A6B1@microsoft.com...
> I have three accounts listed.
> Comcast as a POP 3
> Comcast as a MAPI
> Hotmail as a MAPI
> If I remove the Comcast POP 3 will I lose all my emails?
> > Al

> "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > When you go to Tools-> Account Settings... are your Outlook Connector
> > account and the Comcast account the only 2 configured accounts or are
> > there
> > listed more?
>

>> > >

>

>
>
>
>
>
>
>> --->

>> "Al" <Al> wrote in message
> > news:3678F47D-FDA5-4484-9B95-093B5B9C1C5F@microsoft.com...
> > > I have two email accounts - one with Hotmail and one with Comcast. I
> > > downloaded and installed Outlook Connecter to be able to use both
> > > accounts.
> > > When i open Outlook my regular Comcast email opens and operates
> > > normally
> > > and
> > > so does my Hotmail email. A separate window opens that asks for my
> > > comcast
> > > email address and password. It will not accept them. Why?
> > > > > > Al

>

>>
 

Brian Tillman

Senior Member
Re: Can't connect to my Comcast email account with Outlook Connect

"Al" <Al> wrote in message

news:2ACE6327-3723-4804-92C9-B94A6593A6B1@microsoft.com...


> I have three accounts listed.
> Comcast as a POP 3
> Comcast as a MAPI
> Hotmail as a MAPI
> If I remove the Comcast POP 3 will I lose all my emails?


Comcast doesn't offer a MAPI-connectable server. You cannot use the Outlook

Connector to access Comcast. Keep the POP account.

--
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top