Exchange 2007 SCR installation

  • Thread starter Mike Bommer
  • Start date Views 1,967
M

Mike Bommer

#1
I have a customer with an Existing Exchange 2007 SP1 server. I am getting

ready to install a second Exchange 2007 SP1 server and implement SCR. I have

a few questions:

1. - Is there anything I need to do to the existing Exchange 2007 server to

prepare for SCR ??

2. - Is there anything special I need to do while installing the second

Exchange server to make it the target for SCR ??

I have reviewed a number of white papaers and technet articals, but none

seem to have a step by step procedure for doing this, is there suck a KB

article anywhere ??

Thanks,

Mike
 
M

Mark Arnold [MVP]

#2
On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 13:54:16 -0700, Mike Bommer

<MikeBommer> wrote:


> I have a customer with an Existing Exchange 2007 SP1 server. I am getting
> ready to install a second Exchange 2007 SP1 server and implement SCR. I have
> a few questions:

> 1. - Is there anything I need to do to the existing Exchange 2007 server to
> prepare for SCR ??


No


> 2. - Is there anything special I need to do while installing the second
> Exchange server to make it the target for SCR ??


No

> I have reviewed a number of white papaers and technet articals, but none
> seem to have a step by step procedure for doing this, is there suck a KB
> article anywhere ??
>


Well, you've read all the articles so that's a start. I would go so

far as to suggest that if you need a step by step guide to implement

it you probably shouldn't be doing it. Implementing it is the easy

part, really, the EASY part. If it goes wrong you need to troubleshoot

it. If you need to invoke it you will need to really understand it.

And when you need to go back you will have to have a good

understanding of that process very very well.


> Thanks,
> Mike
 
D

DJdArchitex

#3
On Oct 7, 9:21 am, "Mark Arnold [MVP]" <m...@mvps.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 13:54:16 -0700, Mike Bommer

> <MikeBom...> wrote:
> >I have a customer with an Existing Exchange 2007 SP1 server.  I am getting
> >ready to install a second Exchange 2007 SP1 server and implement SCR.  I have
> >a few questions:

>
> >1. - Is there anything I need to do to the existing Exchange 2007 serverto
> >prepare for SCR ??


> No
>
> >2. - Is there anything special I need to do while installing the second
> >Exchange server to make it the target for SCR ??


> No
>
> >I have reviewed a number of white papaers and technet articals, but none
> >seem to have a step by step procedure for doing this, is there suck a KB
> >article anywhere ??


> Well, you've read all the articles so that's a start. I would go so
> far as to suggest that if you need a step by step guide to implement
> it you probably shouldn't be doing it. Implementing it is the easy
> part, really, the EASY part. If it goes wrong you need to troubleshoot
> it. If you need to invoke it you will need to really understand it.
> And when you need to go back you will have to have a good
> understanding of that process very very well.

>
> >Thanks,
> >Mike-




Ditto! You should think of the SCR as "ready" state portable DB,

ensure the copy process is "heathly, AND have the recover process

documented, WELL documented. I would suggest testing it bi-monthly

for good measure.

DJdArchitex
 
Top