Tracking emails Outlook 2007

  • Thread starter Michelle
  • Start date Views 2,158
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michelle

Do you have to have Exchange to be able to track sent emails (ie see track

button in sent messages). I can set receipt delivery and read options for

emails, and receive read and delivery receipts, but the track option does not

appear in sent messages.

Thanks,

Michelle
 
R

Roady [MVP]

No, you do not need Exchange for this but not all mail servers or mail

clients return proper traceable receipts. Did you receive the emails with

the special receipt icon?

See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/icons.htm

Another thing that could break it is your virus scanner. If it integrates

itself with Outlook, disable/uninstall this integration and try again.

See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20

---
"Michelle" <Michelle> wrote in message

news:E9C031DE-C06B-469A-AC84-50E699F0BADC@microsoft.com...
> Do you have to have Exchange to be able to track sent emails (ie see track
> button in sent messages). I can set receipt delivery and read options for
> emails, and receive read and delivery receipts, but the track option does
> not
> appear in sent messages.

> Thanks,
> > Michelle
 
M

Michelle

I do receive a receipt email with the receipt icon, but the Track option does

not appear in the Sent message.

Thank you,

Michelle

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:


> No, you do not need Exchange for this but not all mail servers or mail
> clients return proper traceable receipts. Did you receive the emails with
> the special receipt icon?
> See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/icons.htm

> Another thing that could break it is your virus scanner. If it integrates
> itself with Outlook, disable/uninstall this integration and try again.
> See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20

> >

> ---
> "Michelle" <Michelle> wrote in message
> news:E9C031DE-C06B-469A-AC84-50E699F0BADC@microsoft.com...
> > Do you have to have Exchange to be able to track sent emails (ie see track
> > button in sent messages). I can set receipt delivery and read options for
> > emails, and receive read and delivery receipts, but the track option does
> > not
> > appear in sent messages.
> > Thanks,
> > > > Michelle

>
 
R

Roady [MVP]

Does it show the tracking icon on the sent item or does it still show the

normal icon?

Which mail account type are you using?

For screenshots of where to find the Tracking option see;

http://www.msoutlook.info/question/342

---
"Michelle" <Michelle> wrote in message

news:DDD4C119-F757-42B3-8AC4-41C2406E94B0@microsoft.com...
> I do receive a receipt email with the receipt icon, but the Track option
> does
> not appear in the Sent message.

> Thank you,
> > Michelle

> "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > No, you do not need Exchange for this but not all mail servers or mail
> > clients return proper traceable receipts. Did you receive the emails with
> > the special receipt icon?
> > See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/icons.htm
>

>> Another thing that could break it is your virus scanner. If it integrates
> > itself with Outlook, disable/uninstall this integration and try again.
> > See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20
>

>> > >

>

>
>
>
>
>
>
>> --->

>> "Michelle" <Michelle> wrote in message
> > news:E9C031DE-C06B-469A-AC84-50E699F0BADC@microsoft.com...
> > > Do you have to have Exchange to be able to track sent emails (ie see
> > > track
> > > button in sent messages). I can set receipt delivery and read options
> > > for
> > > emails, and receive read and delivery receipts, but the track option
> > > does
> > > not
> > > appear in sent messages.
> >>> > Thanks,
> > > > > > Michelle

> >
 
B

blocked area

On Oct 15, 11:16 am, "Roady [MVP]"

<newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote:
> Does it show the tracking icon on the sent item or does it still show the
> normal icon?
> Which mail account type are you using?

> For screenshots of where to find the Tracking option see;http://www.msoutlook.info/question/342

> >

> http://www.howto-outlook.com/

> ---
> "Michelle" <Miche...> wrote in message

> news:DDD4C119-F757-42B3-8AC4-41C2406E94B0@microsoft.com...

>
> > I do receive a receipt email with the receipt icon, but the Track option
> > does
> > not appear in the Sent message.

>
> > Thank you,
> > > > Michelle

>
> > "Roady [MVP]" wrote:

>
> >> No, you do not need Exchange for this but not all mail servers or mail
> >> clients return proper traceable receipts. Did you receive the emails with
> >> the special receipt icon?
> >> Seehttp://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/icons.htm

>
> >> Another thing that could break it is your virus scanner. If it integrates
> >> itself with Outlook, disable/uninstall this integration and try again.
> >> Seehttp://www.msoutlook.info/question/20

>
> >> > >>

> >
> >
> >>

>
> >
> >>

>
> >> -----

>
> >> "Michelle" <Miche...> wrote in message
> >>news:E9C031DE-C06B-469A-AC84-50E699F0BADC@microsoft.com...
> >> > Do you have to have Exchange to be able to track sent emails (ie see
> >> > track
> >> > button in sent messages).  I can set receipt delivery and read options
> >> > for
> >> > emails, and receive read and delivery receipts, but the track option
> >> > does
> >> > not
> >> > appear in sent messages.

>
> >> > Thanks,
> >> > > >> > Michelle


hi

i have the same problem, however i get read receipt messages, the

tracking button doe's not show in the message tab.

i use microsoft exchange account type.

Regards
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top