Archiving Outlook 2003 Calendar Items

  • Thread starter jsquires30143
  • Start date Views 2,519
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jsquires30143

I am having problems archiving my Outlook 2003 Calendar items -- my calendar

folder is now 64 Mb and I need to shrink it. Any advice on how to get this

working?
 
J

Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)

Please describe the problems you are having. What exactly have you done and

why do you think it did not work?

Regards

Judy Gleeson


www.judygleeson.com

www.deskdoctors.com

Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing

Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website.

"jsquires30143" <jsquires30143> wrote in message

news:09251C11-9507-4572-A2EB-5494F990D13F@microsoft.com...
> I am having problems archiving my Outlook 2003 Calendar items -- my
> calendar
> folder is now 64 Mb and I need to shrink it. Any advice on how to get this
> working?
 
J

jsquires30143

My specific problem is that I must shrink my Outlook Calendar folder. It

currently is 64 Mb in size and that is 25% of my 200 Mb limit. So, for the

Calendar folder, I set my Archive location to the default Archive location,

wi is on my system:

C:\exchange\archive\archive.pst

I then set a default archive date of -3 months.

I thsn highliighted the Outlook Calendar folder and selected Arvhive from

the file menu. When the archive dialog came up, I selected the default option

and started the archive. There are hundreds of calendar items older that this

date. I expected them to be moved to the archive folder and removed from my

mailbox -- which should then shrink.

Am I doing something wrong?

Jeff

"Judy Gleeson ()" wrote:


> Please describe the problems you are having. What exactly have you done and
> why do you think it did not work?

>

> Regards

> Judy Gleeson
>

> www.judygleeson.com
> www.deskdoctors.com

> Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing
> Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website.
> "jsquires30143" <jsquires30143> wrote in message
> news:09251C11-9507-4572-A2EB-5494F990D13F@microsoft.com...
> >I am having problems archiving my Outlook 2003 Calendar items -- my
> >calendar
> > folder is now 64 Mb and I need to shrink it. Any advice on how to get this
> > working?


> .
>
 
J

Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)

Have you opened the Archive Calendar to see what was moved to it? Is it

empty?

Outlook uses "Date last modified" as the archive date. Have you edited or

even moved the old meetings in the past 3 months?

Recurring meetings with instances occuring in the future will not move as

they are a 1 line entry which show on the Calendar as if they are multiple

items.

You can move items manually this way:

show your Calendar as a table (eg By Category view)

sort by date

select, grab and drag the chunk you want to move

drop onto Archive Calendar

Regards

Judy Gleeson


www.judygleeson.com

www.deskdoctors.com

Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing

Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website.

"jsquires30143" <jsquires30143> wrote in message

news:713C573C-51B5-4981-A507-1C56CAC2FD58@microsoft.com...
> My specific problem is that I must shrink my Outlook Calendar folder. It
> currently is 64 Mb in size and that is 25% of my 200 Mb limit. So, for the
> Calendar folder, I set my Archive location to the default Archive
> location,
> wi is on my system:

> C:\exchange\archive\archive.pst

> I then set a default archive date of -3 months.

> I thsn highliighted the Outlook Calendar folder and selected Arvhive from
> the file menu. When the archive dialog came up, I selected the default
> option
> and started the archive. There are hundreds of calendar items older that
> this
> date. I expected them to be moved to the archive folder and removed from
> my
> mailbox -- which should then shrink.

> Am I doing something wrong?

> Jeff

> "Judy Gleeson ()" wrote:
>
> > Please describe the problems you are having. What exactly have you done
> > and
> > why do you think it did not work?
>

>> >

>> Regards
>

>> Judy Gleeson
> >
>

>> www.judygleeson.com
> > www.deskdoctors.com
>

>> Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing
> > Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website.
> > "jsquires30143" <jsquires30143> wrote in
> > message
> > news:09251C11-9507-4572-A2EB-5494F990D13F@microsoft.com...
> > >I am having problems archiving my Outlook 2003 Calendar items -- my
> > >calendar
> > > folder is now 64 Mb and I need to shrink it. Any advice on how to get
> > > this
> > > working?

>

>
>> .
> >
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top