Outlook 2007 and Windows 7 - No new mail sound and notifications

  • Thread starter DiceOne
  • Start date Views 2,478
D

DiceOne

#1
After installing Office 2007 on Windows 7 machine, I get no new mail sound,

pop up notifications or the new unread mail icon in task bar. Every thing

else seems to work fine. Any hints?
 
Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
#2
are the icons in the overflow?

"DiceOne" <DiceOne> wrote in message

news:D32C9396-D593-4934-A973-E1B4E8E26CB0@microsoft.com...
> After installing Office 2007 on Windows 7 machine, I get no new mail
> sound,
> pop up notifications or the new unread mail icon in task bar. Every thing
> else seems to work fine. Any hints?
 
D

DiceOne

#3
Re: Outlook 2007 and Windows 7 - No new mail sound and notificatio

You mean are they hidden the answer in no, no new mail icon shows anywhere,

no sound and no pop-up notifications.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:


> are the icons in the overflow?

> > >

> >

>

> >

> "DiceOne" <DiceOne> wrote in message
> news:D32C9396-D593-4934-A973-E1B4E8E26CB0@microsoft.com...
> > After installing Office 2007 on Windows 7 machine, I get no new mail
> > sound,
> > pop up notifications or the new unread mail icon in task bar. Every thing
> > else seems to work fine. Any hints?


> .
>
 
R

Roady [MVP]

#4
Re: Outlook 2007 and Windows 7 - No new mail sound and notificatio

Which mail account type are you using?

When you right click on the Taskbar and then choose Properties, press the

Customize... button. Does it list the envelope icon there?

If so, make sure you set it to "Show icon and notifications".

Also note that the icon and sound only work for new messages that are

delivered to your main Inbox folder. For other solutions and workarounds for

that see;

http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/mailalert2003.htm

---
"DiceOne" <DiceOne> wrote in message

news:3CE138A1-9F9D-4497-ADC3-928606B24E33@microsoft.com...
> You mean are they hidden the answer in no, no new mail icon shows
> anywhere,
> no sound and no pop-up notifications.

> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > are the icons in the overflow?
>

>> > > > >

>

>> >

>>

>

>>

>

>> > >

>

>
>> "DiceOne" <DiceOne> wrote in message
> > news:D32C9396-D593-4934-A973-E1B4E8E26CB0@microsoft.com...
> > > After installing Office 2007 on Windows 7 machine, I get no new mail
> > > sound,
> > > pop up notifications or the new unread mail icon in task bar. Every
> > > thing
> > > else seems to work fine. Any hints?

>

>> .
> >
 
D

DiceOne

#5
Re: Outlook 2007 and Windows 7 - No new mail sound and notificatio

Account type POP/SMTP

Already made sure Show icon and notifications is on.

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:


> Which mail account type are you using?

> When you right click on the Taskbar and then choose Properties, press the
> Customize... button. Does it list the envelope icon there?
> If so, make sure you set it to "Show icon and notifications".

> Also note that the icon and sound only work for new messages that are
> delivered to your main Inbox folder. For other solutions and workarounds for
> that see;
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/mailalert2003.htm

> >

> ---
> "DiceOne" <DiceOne> wrote in message
> news:3CE138A1-9F9D-4497-ADC3-928606B24E33@microsoft.com...
> > You mean are they hidden the answer in no, no new mail icon shows
> > anywhere,
> > no sound and no pop-up notifications.
> > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> are the icons in the overflow?
> >
> >> > >> > >>

> >
> >> > >
> >>

> > >
> >>

> > >
> >> > >>

> >
> >
> >> "DiceOne" <DiceOne> wrote in message
> >> news:D32C9396-D593-4934-A973-E1B4E8E26CB0@microsoft.com...
> >> > After installing Office 2007 on Windows 7 machine, I get no new mail
> >> > sound,
> >> > pop up notifications or the new unread mail icon in task bar. Every
> >> > thing
> >> > else seems to work fine. Any hints?
> >
> >> .
> >>

> .
>
 
A

aragon80

#6
Hello,

In Windows 7's system tray notification it treats the normal Outlook icon

separate from the New Mail icon.

I just upgraded yesterday and was wondering why it didn't show up. So, what

I did was I sent an email to that outlook and the new email icon then

appeared.

I then clicked on the "show hidden icons" and clicked on customize. You'll

have a new option there for "Microsoft Office Outlook" with a description of

"You have new unopened items". I selected to show the icons and notifications

and now it alerts me in the system tray every time I have new email.

"DiceOne" wrote:


> After installing Office 2007 on Windows 7 machine, I get no new mail sound,
> pop up notifications or the new unread mail icon in task bar. Every thing
> else seems to work fine. Any hints?
 

Similar threads

Top