error (0x8004210E)

  • Thread starter The Chief
  • Start date Views 5,166
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Chief

I am receiving error (0x8004210E) in Outlook 2007 trying to receive new

emails. I am running Windows 7, Norton Internet Security 2007 and Office

2007 Ultimate with SP2 on. All updates have been received and are on.

I began having the problem after receiving a large number of emails. I

deleted the profile and created a new one. Now I can't receive any emails.

I removed and reinstalle Office 2007 Ultimate and all updates. I still can't

receive any emails.

The Chief
 

Brian Tillman

Senior Member
"The Chief" <TheChief> wrote in message

news:087CAC44-978E-4A40-BE4B-570D856FEF7F@microsoft.com...


> I am receiving error (0x8004210E) in Outlook 2007 trying to receive new
> emails. I am running Windows 7, Norton Internet Security 2007 and Office
> 2007 Ultimate with SP2 on. All updates have been received and are on.

> I began having the problem after receiving a large number of emails. I
> deleted the profile and created a new one. Now I can't receive any emails.
> I removed and reinstalle Office 2007 Ultimate and all updates. I still
> can't
> receive any emails.


Sounds like you have misspecified one or more of the account setting values,

such as port for the POP server or your antivirus program is interfering.

Verify the account settings carefully, consulting your mail service providers

help pages for the correct settings. Also, uninstall your AV program and

reinstall it without the mail scanning feature.

--
 
T

The Chief

That should have been Norton Internet Security 2010.

I appreciate any help I can get to resolve this problem. Thank You.

The Chief

"The Chief" wrote:


> I am receiving error (0x8004210E) in Outlook 2007 trying to receive new
> emails. I am running Windows 7, Norton Internet Security 2007 and Office
> 2007 Ultimate with SP2 on. All updates have been received and are on.

> I began having the problem after receiving a large number of emails. I
> deleted the profile and created a new one. Now I can't receive any emails.
> I removed and reinstalled Office 2007 Ultimate and all updates. I still can't
> receive any emails.
> > The Chief
 

Brian Tillman

Senior Member
"The Chief" <TheChief> wrote in message

news:58CC9535-C750-48CC-8B59-A7F75A7CFDA7@microsoft.com...


> That should have been Norton Internet Security 2010.

> I appreciate any help I can get to resolve this problem. Thank You.


Read what I posted one-half hour before you posted this.

--
 
T

The Chief

Brian, Thank You for your assistance. I turned off the email scan option and

was able to receive all the emails in Outlook 2007. I appreciate your quick

response and timely answer.

The Chief

"Brian Tillman " wrote:


> "The Chief" <TheChief> wrote in message
> news:087CAC44-978E-4A40-BE4B-570D856FEF7F@microsoft.com...
>
> >I am receiving error (0x8004210E) in Outlook 2007 trying to receive new
> > emails. I am running Windows 7, Norton Internet Security 2007 and Office
> > 2007 Ultimate with SP2 on. All updates have been received and are on.
> > I began having the problem after receiving a large number of emails. I
> > deleted the profile and created a new one. Now I can't receive any emails.
> > I removed and reinstalle Office 2007 Ultimate and all updates. I still
> > can't
> > receive any emails.


> Sounds like you have misspecified one or more of the account setting values,
> such as port for the POP server or your antivirus program is interfering.
> Verify the account settings carefully, consulting your mail service providers
> help pages for the correct settings. Also, uninstall your AV program and
> reinstall it without the mail scanning feature.
> >

> .
>
 

Brian Tillman

Senior Member
"The Chief" <TheChief> wrote in message

news:EC212551-CDB9-4A78-9B00-6C795CEE53A8@microsoft.com...


> Brian, Thank You for your assistance. I turned off the email scan option
> and
> was able to receive all the emails in Outlook 2007. I appreciate your quick
> response and timely answer.


You're welcome.

--
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top