Updating AD Schema

  • Thread starter krl
  • Start date Views 2,836
K

krl

HKEY_When attemping to install Exchange Server 2003 I get the following

error when I change the action to Typical installation.

"The component "Microsoft Exchange Forest Preparation" cannot be assigned

the action "Install" because: - Either you do not have permission to update

the Active Directory schema or Active Directory service is currently too

busy."

I have added the user to Domain Admins, Enterprise Admins, Schema Admins,

and Administrators. On the DC I have also changed the registry entry,

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ntds\parameters\Schema

Update Allowed, to 1.

Regards.
 
M

Mark Arnold [MVP]

On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 14:06:01 -0800, krl <krl
wrote:


> HKEY_When attemping to install Exchange Server 2003 I get the following
> error when I change the action to Typical installation.

> "The component "Microsoft Exchange Forest Preparation" cannot be assigned
> the action "Install" because: - Either you do not have permission to update
> the Active Directory schema or Active Directory service is currently too
> busy."

> I have added the user to Domain Admins, Enterprise Admins, Schema Admins,
> and Administrators. On the DC I have also changed the registry entry,
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ntds\parameters\Schema
> Update Allowed, to 1.

> Regards.


When you say "the user" it kinda leads me to:

http://msmvps.com/blogs/UlfBSimonWeidner/archive/2005/05/29/49659.aspx

as an option.

Might you install this from a brand new account that is added to

Schema Admins or even install using "Administrator"
 
K

krl

Thank You Mark,

When I tried to install with the local machine Admin, I was told I needed to

be logged into the domain.

When I logged in as the domain Administrator, I was told the error from

before.

When I ran the setup.exe as domain user (in Schema Admins group),

"exchangeadmin", I got the following error: "D:/Setup\i386\setup.exe The

service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no

enabled decixes associated with it."

When I tried loggin in with exchangeadmin, I got the error "The local policy

of this system does not permit you to logon interactively" I added the user

to domain admins.

When I ran setyp.exe, I get the same error as before.

When I "run as" domain Adminitrator or local Administrator, I get the

services error from above..

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:


> On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 14:06:01 -0800, krl <krl
> wrote:
>
> >HKEY_When attemping to install Exchange Server 2003 I get the following
> >error when I change the action to Typical installation.
> >"The component "Microsoft Exchange Forest Preparation" cannot be assigned
> >the action "Install" because: - Either you do not have permission to update
> >the Active Directory schema or Active Directory service is currently too
> >busy."
> >I have added the user to Domain Admins, Enterprise Admins, Schema Admins,
> >and Administrators. On the DC I have also changed the registry entry,
> >HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ntds\parameters\Schema
> >Update Allowed, to 1.
> >Regards.


> When you say "the user" it kinda leads me to:
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/UlfBSimonWeidner/archive/2005/05/29/49659.aspx
> as an option.
> Might you install this from a brand new account that is added to
> Schema Admins or even install using "Administrator"
> .
>
 
K

krl

I am still having problems with this installation. I am new to Exchange.

I built a few machines and ran into problems connection the outlook clients

and I traced it all back to AD, so I've rebuilt my environment following the

deployment instructions.

I ran back into the ForestPrep problem, but was able to get around it by

running ForestPrep directly from the DC. When I back to the exchange server

to install exchange on it I got the following error which is the one that

made me redo my environment:

"Setup failed while installing subcomponent Mictosoft Exchange

Organizational-Level Container Object with error code 0xC1037AE6 (please

consult the installation logs for a detailed description). You may cancel the

installation or try the failed step again."

I would appreciate any help anyone can offer. I seem to be stuck.

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:


> On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 14:06:01 -0800, krl <krl
> wrote:
>
> >HKEY_When attemping to install Exchange Server 2003 I get the following
> >error when I change the action to Typical installation.
> >"The component "Microsoft Exchange Forest Preparation" cannot be assigned
> >the action "Install" because: - Either you do not have permission to update
> >the Active Directory schema or Active Directory service is currently too
> >busy."
> >I have added the user to Domain Admins, Enterprise Admins, Schema Admins,
> >and Administrators. On the DC I have also changed the registry entry,
> >HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ntds\parameters\Schema
> >Update Allowed, to 1.
> >Regards.


> When you say "the user" it kinda leads me to:
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/UlfBSimonWeidner/archive/2005/05/29/49659.aspx
> as an option.
> Might you install this from a brand new account that is added to
> Schema Admins or even install using "Administrator"
> .
>
 
E

Ed Crowley [MVP]

Does this help?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870829

Ed Crowley MVP

"There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

> .

"krl" <krl> wrote in message

news:D7FF1FD7-B1FE-438B-B31C-2DD9A7AF83F7@microsoft.com...
> I am still having problems with this installation. I am new to Exchange.

> I built a few machines and ran into problems connection the outlook
> clients
> and I traced it all back to AD, so I've rebuilt my environment following
> the
> deployment instructions.

> I ran back into the ForestPrep problem, but was able to get around it by
> running ForestPrep directly from the DC. When I back to the exchange
> server
> to install exchange on it I got the following error which is the one that
> made me redo my environment:
> "Setup failed while installing subcomponent Mictosoft Exchange
> Organizational-Level Container Object with error code 0xC1037AE6 (please
> consult the installation logs for a detailed description). You may cancel
> the
> installation or try the failed step again."

> I would appreciate any help anyone can offer. I seem to be stuck.

> "Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 14:06:01 -0800, krl <krl
>> wrote:
> >
> > >HKEY_When attemping to install Exchange Server 2003 I get the following
> > >error when I change the action to Typical installation.
> >> >"The component "Microsoft Exchange Forest Preparation" cannot be
> > >assigned
> > >the action "Install" because: - Either you do not have permission to
> > >update
> > >the Active Directory schema or Active Directory service is currently too
> > >busy."
> >> >I have added the user to Domain Admins, Enterprise Admins, Schema
> > >Admins,
> > >and Administrators. On the DC I have also changed the registry entry,
> > >HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ntds\parameters\Schema
> > >Update Allowed, to 1.
> >> >Regards.

>

>> When you say "the user" it kinda leads me to:
> > http://msmvps.com/blogs/UlfBSimonWeidner/archive/2005/05/29/49659.aspx
> > as an option.
> > Might you install this from a brand new account that is added to
> > Schema Admins or even install using "Administrator"
> > .
> >
 

Top