Can't open Hyperlinks

  • Thread starter Wildfish
  • Start date Views 1,462
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wildfish

I can't open hyperlinks on Outlook Mail on my home computer. I get the

following message:

"This operation has been canceled due to restrictions on this computer.

Please contact an administrator."

If I forward the mail to my office address which I can access through

Webmail on my home computer I can open the Hyperlinks.

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem

Charles
 

Brian Tillman

Senior Member
"Wildfish" <cmckee@telus.net> wrote in message

news:Jx2dn.63470$Db2.51774@edtnps83...


> I can't open hyperlinks on Outlook Mail on my home computer. I get the
> following message:

> "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions on this computer.
> Please contact an administrator."


Five seconds at Google would have found you the answer.

http://www.slipstick.com/problems/this-operation-has-been-cancelled-due-to-restrictions/

--
 
W

Wildfish

The solution suggested on the website did not work because there is no

"Reset Botton" under "Programs" in "Internet Options". However once in

"Programs" I discovered that Internet Explorer had not been set as the

Default web Browser and when I made it the Default the problem was solved.

Thanks

"" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message

news:OCQZPk4qKHA.4220@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> "Wildfish" <cmckee@telus.net> wrote in message
> news:Jx2dn.63470$Db2.51774@edtnps83...
>
> >I can't open hyperlinks on Outlook Mail on my home computer. I get the
> >following message:
>

>> "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions on this computer.
> > Please contact an administrator."


> Five seconds at Google would have found you the answer.
> http://www.slipstick.com/problems/this-operation-has-been-cancelled-due-to-restrictions/
> >
 
V

VanguardLH

Wildfish wrote:


> Brian Tillman wrote ...
>
> > Wildfish wrote ...
> >
> >> I can't open hyperlinks on Outlook Mail on my home computer. I get the
> >> following message:
> >
>>> "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions on this computer.
> >> Please contact an administrator."

>

>> Five seconds at Google would have found you the answer.
> > http://www.slipstick.com/problems/this-operation-has-been-cancelled-due-to-restrictions/


> The solution suggested on the website did not work because there is no
> "Reset Botton" under "Programs" in "Internet Options". However once in
> "Programs" I discovered that Internet Explorer had not been set as the
> Default web Browser and when I made it the Default the problem was solved.


The solution was perfect. Since you never bothered to mention WHICH version

of IE that you use then ANY guess for a version was valid. If you want help

specific to what YOU are using then mention WHICH version you are using.

IE6: Internet Options -> Programs tab -> Reset Web Settings (*)

IE7: Internet Options -> Advanced tab -> Reset

IE8: Internet Options -> Advanced tab -> Reset

(*) Windows XP comes with IE6 so that's why "Reset Web Settings" was

mentioned for that OS. The slipstick article was oriented to which OS

you use (that you also did *not* mention) rather than to the IE version.

If you had specified a different version of IE8 then perhaps you would've

been told where to find it although it was hardly that difficult to find if

you had actually looked.

Also see:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310049

That mentions IE7 but the Reset is the same in IE8. IE6 is also mentioned.

If you have an even older version then you're on your own to find out how to

reset it if you are unwilling to edit the registry. Both articles tell you

the registry key so you could have edited it without regard to the config UI

differences between the different versions of IE.

If you post vague questions, you will get vague answers.
 

Brian Tillman

Senior Member
"Wildfish" <cmckee@telus.net> wrote in message

news:jq6dn.63486$Db2.10995@edtnps83...


> The solution suggested on the website did not work because there is no
> "Reset Botton" under "Programs" in "Internet Options". However once in
> "Programs" I discovered that Internet Explorer had not been set as the
> Default web Browser and when I made it the Default the problem was solved.


Perhaps you didn't fullt read the page whose URL I sent you. From that page:

"To fix it, try resetting Web settings in Internet Explorer. If this does not

resolve the issue, set IE as the default browser following the steps in Set

Program Access in Control Panel."

So, clearly the solution suggested is EXACTLY the one you say worked for you.

I don't see any mention of "Reset" on the page I cited.

Internet Explorer 7 and 8's Reset button is on the Advanced tab under Internet

Options. It's there, just not on the same tab.

--
 

Brian Tillman

Senior Member
"" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message

news:OATpFG%23qKHA.4284@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...


> I don't see any mention of "Reset" on the page I cited.


There it is. I see it.

--
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top