Moving System Attnedant Mailbox

  • Thread starter raz4183
  • Start date Views 1,320
R

raz4183

On exchange 2003 SP2, how do you remove the System Attendant mailbox from one

Mailbox Store to a new Mailbox Store? I'm deleteing the first mailbox store

and need it to be empty.
 
R

Rich Matheisen [MVP]

On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 12:13:01 -0800, raz4183

<raz4183> wrote:


> On exchange 2003 SP2, how do you remove the System Attendant mailbox from one
> Mailbox Store to a new Mailbox Store? I'm deleteing the first mailbox store
> and need it to be empty.


You should be able to remove the database with that mailbox still in

it.

-
Rich Matheisen

 
R

raz4183

Wouldn't I need to recreate it in another Store? Not that there is anything

in it, but I thought it was necessary for certain exchange related items.

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:


> On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 12:13:01 -0800, raz4183
> <raz4183> wrote:
>
> >On exchange 2003 SP2, how do you remove the System Attendant mailbox from one
> >Mailbox Store to a new Mailbox Store? I'm deleteing the first mailbox store
> >and need it to be empty.


> You should be able to remove the database with that mailbox still in
> it.
> -> Rich Matheisen
>
> .
>
 
R

Rich Matheisen [MVP]

On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 14:53:01 -0800, raz4183

<raz4183> wrote:


> Wouldn't I need to recreate it in another Store? Not that there is anything
> in it, but I thought it was necessary for certain exchange related items.


Restarting the SA service will revreate the missing mailbox.

-
Rich Matheisen

 
J

jbit

On Mar 8, 3:13 pm, raz4183 <raz4...> wrote:
> On exchange 2003 SP2, how do you remove the System Attendant mailbox fromone
> Mailbox Store to a new Mailbox Store? I'm deleteing the first mailbox store
> and need it to be empty.


I just had to do this. I thought the SA mailbox was supposed to

recreate itself in a new mail store when you restarted the SA service

but that did not work and I had to rehome the System Attendant to a

new store. The wordpress article Mike Pfeiffer posted is the same

method I used to do that. We were having problems with the database

for that mail store so that could have been a contributing issue.

You can see any mailboxes that are still in that store in Active

Directory Users & Computers. Make sure Advanced Features is selected

and add the Exchange Mailbox Store column under the view menu. See

Method 3 in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/279202
 

Similar threads

Top