Re: OUTLOOK EXPRESS & OUTLOOK - READING EMAILS IN MIME FORMAT -

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1
"seatbcsv" <seatbcsv> wrote in message

news:463A42E3-D446-46A7-B9AB-40C3D5D86EE2@microsoft.com...


> I have pressed CTRL- F3 on an email and I have got the following message.
> X-BitDefenderWKS-SpamStamp: v1, build 2.8.11.63381, bayes score:
> 0(0), pbayes score: 0(0), neunet score: 439(217), flags: [LONG_LINE;
> NN_DATE_EMPTY_ADN; SIGN_NO_LINK_NMD_08; LEGIT_SUMM_200_WORDS;
> B_HAS_EMAIL_NMD_08; MORE_INFORMATION_ADN], total: 217(725)
> X-BitDefenderWKS-Spam: No - 217
> ....etc.


It's likely, then, that your mail scanner (either the antispam or -virus or

both) is interfering with the correct interpretation of the message. DIsable

them and try again.

--
 
C

c2VhdGJjc3Y

#2
Dear Sir,

I have disabled Bit Defender real time protection momentarily as instructed.

Besides, incoming and outgoing messages were not scanned. Then, I have sent

an email from the same computer and program to my inbox by means of Outlook

express. I have received the message below. (I have changed email addresses

and IP addresses on this message to seatbcsv or to ***) I would like to

point out that the message is showing normally in the sent items area of

Outlook! Furthermore a part of the message below states that "This is a

multi-part message in MIME format." This is strange, isn't it???

From ********@********.*** Tue Mar 10 06:04:59 2009

Return-Path: <********@********.***
Delivered-To: ********@********.***

Received: (qmail 1285 invoked by uid 515); 10 Mar 2009 06:04:59 -0000

Received: from ***.***.**.**by mailer6.maltanet.net (envelope-from

<********@********.***>, uid 508) with qmail-scanner-1.25st

(perlscan: 1.25st.

Clear:RC:1(***.***.**.**):.

Processed in 0.823197 secs); 10 Mar 2009 06:04:59 -0000

Received: from unknown (HELO fender50.*********.***) ([***.***.**.**])

(envelope-sender <********@********.***>)

by 0 (qmail-ldap-1.03) with SMTP

for <********@********.***>; 10 Mar 2009 06:04:58 -0000

Received: from [**.**.***.**] (helo=StudyRoom)

by fender50.********.***. with smtp (Exim 4.67)

(envelope-from <********@********.***>)

id 1Lgv5G-0002xE-MU

for ********@********.***; Tue, 10 Mar 2009 07:04:58 +0100

Message-ID: <60E65A9230BD40DD949AE0E12543C970@StudyRoom
From: "Seatbcsv" <********@********.***
To: "Seatbcsv" <********@********.***
Subject: Fw: test no 2

Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 07:04:53 +0100

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: multipart/alternative;

boundary="----=_NextPart_000_000D_01C9A14E.830B32C0"

X-Priority: 3

X-MSMail-Priority: Normal

X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512

X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C9A14E.830B32C0

Content-Type: text/plain;

charset="iso-8859-1"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

----- Original Message ---
From: Seatbcsv

To: Seatbcsv

Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 6:59 AM

Subject: test

test 1 , 2 , 3

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C9A14E.830B32C0

Content-Type: text/html;

charset="iso-8859-1"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
<HTML><HEAD
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =

charset=3Diso-8859-1"
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6000.16809" name=3DGENERATOR
<STYLE></STYLE
</HEAD
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff
<DIV> </DIV
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message -----

<DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A

title=3D********@********.*** =

href=3D"mailto:********@********.***">Seatbcsv

Seatbcsv</A> </DIV
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=3D********@********.***

href=3D"mailto:********@********.***">Seatbcsv Seatbcsv</A> </DIV
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, March 10, 2009 6:59 AM</DIV
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> test</DIV></DIV
<DIV><BR></DIV
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>test 1 , 2 , =

3</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML
------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C9A14E.830B32C0
from seatbcsv.

"Brian Tillman " wrote:


> "seatbcsv" <seatbcsv> wrote in message
> news:463A42E3-D446-46A7-B9AB-40C3D5D86EE2@microsoft.com...
>
> >I have pressed CTRL- F3 on an email and I have got the following message.
> > X-BitDefenderWKS-SpamStamp: v1, build 2.8.11.63381, bayes score:
> > 0(0), pbayes score: 0(0), neunet score: 439(217), flags: [LONG_LINE;
> > NN_DATE_EMPTY_ADN; SIGN_NO_LINK_NMD_08; LEGIT_SUMM_200_WORDS;
> > B_HAS_EMAIL_NMD_08; MORE_INFORMATION_ADN], total: 217(725)
> > X-BitDefenderWKS-Spam: No - 217
> > ....etc.


> It's likely, then, that your mail scanner (either the antispam or -virus or
> both) is interfering with the correct interpretation of the message. DIsable
> them and try again.
> >

>
 
R

Ron Sommer

#3
Is this what you are seeing in the Inbox or Ctrl-F3?

Are you using the Main Identity? What happens if you create a new Identity?

You sent a html message.

Ronald Sommer

"seatbcsv" <seatbcsv> wrote in message

news:961F13BD-A6CB-432C-8B69-964174E0844F@microsoft.com...
> Dear Sir,

> I have disabled Bit Defender real time protection momentarily as
> instructed.
> Besides, incoming and outgoing messages were not scanned. Then, I have
> sent
> an email from the same computer and program to my inbox by means of
> Outlook
> express. I have received the message below. (I have changed email
> addresses
> and IP addresses on this message to seatbcsv or to ***) I would like to
> point out that the message is showing normally in the sent items area of
> Outlook! Furthermore a part of the message below states that "This is a
> multi-part message in MIME format." This is strange, isn't it???

> From ********@********.*** Tue Mar 10 06:04:59 2009
> Return-Path: <********@********.***
> Delivered-To: ********@********.***
> Received: (qmail 1285 invoked by uid 515); 10 Mar 2009 06:04:59 -0000
> Received: from ***.***.**.**by mailer6.maltanet.net (envelope-from
> <********@********.***>, uid 508) with qmail-scanner-1.25st
> (perlscan: 1.25st.
> Clear:RC:1(***.***.**.**):.
> Processed in 0.823197 secs); 10 Mar 2009 06:04:59 -0000
> Received: from unknown (HELO fender50.*********.***) ([***.***.**.**])
> (envelope-sender <********@********.***>)
> by 0 (qmail-ldap-1.03) with SMTP
> for <********@********.***>; 10 Mar 2009 06:04:58 -0000
> Received: from [**.**.***.**] (helo=StudyRoom)
> by fender50.********.***. with smtp (Exim 4.67)
> (envelope-from <********@********.***>)
> id 1Lgv5G-0002xE-MU
> for ********@********.***; Tue, 10 Mar 2009 07:04:58 +0100
> Message-ID: <60E65A9230BD40DD949AE0E12543C970@StudyRoom
> From: "Seatbcsv" <********@********.***
> To: "Seatbcsv" <********@********.***
> Subject: Fw: test no 2
> Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 07:04:53 +0100
> MIME-Version: 1.0
> Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
> boundary="----=_NextPart_000_000D_01C9A14E.830B32C0"
> X-Priority: 3
> X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
> X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512
> X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579

> This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

> ------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C9A14E.830B32C0
> Content-Type: text/plain;
> charset="iso-8859-1"
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

> ----- Original Message ---> From: Seatbcsv
> To: Seatbcsv
> Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 6:59 AM
> Subject: test

> test 1 , 2 , 3
> ------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C9A14E.830B32C0
> Content-Type: text/html;
> charset="iso-8859-1"
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
> <HTML><HEAD
> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
> charset=3Diso-8859-1"
> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6000.16809" name=3DGENERATOR
> <STYLE></STYLE
> </HEAD
> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff
> <DIV> </DIV
> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message -----
> <DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A
> title=3D********@********.*** =
> href=3D"mailto:********@********.***">Seatbcsv
> Seatbcsv</A> </DIV
> <DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=3D********@********.***
> href=3D"mailto:********@********.***">Seatbcsv Seatbcsv</A> </DIV
> <DIV><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, March 10, 2009 6:59 AM</DIV
> <DIV><B>Subject:</B> test</DIV></DIV
> <DIV><BR></DIV
> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>test 1 , 2 , =
> 3</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML
> ------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C9A14E.830B32C0
> > from seatbcsv.

> "Brian Tillman " wrote:
>
> > "seatbcsv" <seatbcsv> wrote in message
> > news:463A42E3-D446-46A7-B9AB-40C3D5D86EE2@microsoft.com...
> >
> > >I have pressed CTRL- F3 on an email and I have got the following
> > >message.
> > > X-BitDefenderWKS-SpamStamp: v1, build 2.8.11.63381, bayes score:
> > > 0(0), pbayes score: 0(0), neunet score: 439(217), flags: [LONG_LINE;
> > > NN_DATE_EMPTY_ADN; SIGN_NO_LINK_NMD_08; LEGIT_SUMM_200_WORDS;
> > > B_HAS_EMAIL_NMD_08; MORE_INFORMATION_ADN], total: 217(725)
> > > X-BitDefenderWKS-Spam: No - 217
> > > ....etc.

>

>> It's likely, then, that your mail scanner (either the antispam or -virus
> > or
> > both) is interfering with the correct interpretation of the message.
> > DIsable
> > them and try again.
> > > >

>

>>
 
#4
"seatbcsv" <seatbcsv> wrote in message

news:961F13BD-A6CB-432C-8B69-964174E0844F@microsoft.com...


> I have disabled Bit Defender real time protection momentarily as instructed.
> Besides, incoming and outgoing messages were not scanned.


Disabling it momentarily may not be enough. Uninstall it completely for the

duration of the test.


> Then, I have sent
> an email from the same computer and program to my inbox by means of Outlook
> express. I have received the message below. (I have changed email
> addresses
> and IP addresses on this message to seatbcsv or to ***) I would like to
> point out that the message is showing normally in the sent items area of
> Outlook! Furthermore a part of the message below states that "This is a
> multi-part message in MIME format." This is strange, isn't it???


Not strange for a message to me multipart MIME. Most mail messages are.


> Received: from ***.***.**.**by mailer6.maltanet.net (envelope-from
> <********@********.***>, uid 508) with qmail-scanner-1.25st
> (perlscan: 1.25st.


This indicates to me that your mail server is running a perl-based scanner and

for all we know, that's causing the problem.

--
 
S

Steve Cochran

#5
The problem is something is inserted into the message header that makes the

entire message source display instead of the message being rendered

appropriately.

steve

"Brian Tillman " <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message

news:eTZIyAYoJHA.4288@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> "seatbcsv" <seatbcsv> wrote in message
> news:961F13BD-A6CB-432C-8B69-964174E0844F@microsoft.com...
>
> > I have disabled Bit Defender real time protection momentarily as
> > instructed.
> > Besides, incoming and outgoing messages were not scanned.


> Disabling it momentarily may not be enough. Uninstall it completely for
> the duration of the test.
>
> > Then, I have sent
> > an email from the same computer and program to my inbox by means of
> > Outlook
> > express. I have received the message below. (I have changed email
> > addresses
> > and IP addresses on this message to seatbcsv or to ***) I would like to
> > point out that the message is showing normally in the sent items area of
> > Outlook! Furthermore a part of the message below states that "This is a
> > multi-part message in MIME format." This is strange, isn't it???


> Not strange for a message to me multipart MIME. Most mail messages are.
>
> > Received: from ***.***.**.**by mailer6.maltanet.net (envelope-from
> > <********@********.***>, uid 508) with qmail-scanner-1.25st
> > (perlscan: 1.25st.


> This indicates to me that your mail server is running a perl-based scanner
> and for all we know, that's causing the problem.
> >
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads

Top