How to search multiple folder in address book?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lynn Singer

Hello -

I created several different contact folders in my Address Book in Outlook. Often I need to search for an email, but am not sure what folder it is in. When I open the Address Book and type in a name in the search box it only allows me to search in a specific folder. There are many folder, so to search for the email through each one is time consuming.

If I can search all of the folders at once I will be able to quickly access emails. How can I do this?

-Lynn

B

Brian Tillman

The Address Book in Outlook doesn't contain anything. You must look in your Contacts folders. Use Advanced Find to look for your contacts in your multiple Contacts folders.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

Is it really a contact that you're trying to find or e-mail? If you're searching for an e-mail why are you looking in your "address book"? Perhaps you mean you wish to search across your e-mail folders for messages sent by a particular person? If so, check Advanced Find (CTRL+SHIFT+F) to search your e-mail folders.

If you do this a lot you might consider installing Windows Desktop Search or Copernic Desktop or other similar desktop search app to index your e-mail so that you can search it more quickly and easily. Or upgrade to Outlook 2007 (or the forthcoming 2010) which have a much better story around searching both e-mail and contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.