Microsoft Office Outlook Error____

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stanislaus21

Office Version:Office 2007Operating System:Windows Xp Professional SP3

A pop up comes up when I try to get into my Office Outlook 2007..
"The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable, Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action.
and then a pop up comes up and it says...
"Microsoft Exchange
General
Microsoft Exchange Server:_______________
Mailbox:_________________________ Check Name"
then Office closes so I am unable to open or change any thing on Outlook what do I do now

S

stanislaus21

yes I do and I am unable to open outlook without going through the above error it then closes.

S

stanislaus21

thank you.

What should it say in Microsoft Exchange Server? At the moment it has my hotmail address?

Stan

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

thank you.

What should it say in Microsoft Exchange Server? At the moment it has my hotmail address?

Stan

If you don't have an Exchange server then it shouldn't say anything there, you should remove that service. For Hotmail you either want to use the Connector or use POP3.

If you DO have an Exchange server then your Exchange administrator should be able to tell you the name of the Exchange server to put there.

S

stanislaus21

If Exchange is on my compute4r can I remove it?

I know I am being totally thick here!!

Stan

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

Stan

Exchange isn't on your computer - it has to run on a server. Sounds like you don't have an Exchange server so just remove that service from your Outlook Profile in the Control Panel applet.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

Stan

Exchange isn't on your computer - it has to run on a server. Sounds like you don't have an Exchange server so just remove that service from your Outlook Profile in the Control Panel applet.

Status
Not open for further replies.