Cannot Import/export contacts in Outlook 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dazjw

Hope someone can help. If I try to import contacts from a file or export contacts to a file in Outlook 2007 nothing happens. I highlight the option at the start of the Import and Export Wizard and click Next but nothing happens. Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this. This is connected to Exchange 2003 in a Windows domain.
Thanks,
D

Brian Tillman

Do you have the proper importers and exporters installed, although they should have installed by default? Why are you trying to export or import? Perhaps there is another approach.

D

dazjw

Thanks for the responses. I may try a repair, but I probably should have mentioned that this problem seems to be affecting every installation of Outlook in the company - hope I do not need to do a repair on all the machines :)

I wasn't aware that the different importers and exporters could be installed or not installed. How would I check what is installed? I am trying to export some contacts to a CSV file so that they can be imported into a gmail account.

Thanks,

D

Brian Tillman

In Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel, select Microsoft Office and click Change. Select Add or Remove Features. Click Next. Choose Advanced Customization of Features and click Next. Expand the Microsoft Outlook entry, then expand Importers and Exporters entries until you find the various features listed. Are they configured as installed?

D

dazjw

You are the man! That has sorted it. Didn't even know that was a feature that could be chosen to be installed. I thought I knew a bit about Outlook but obviously not as much as I first thought :)

Many thanks,
D

Brian Tillman

You're welcome. Actually, I'm surprised because the importers and exporters should have been installed by default. I'm glad it's sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.