In 2010 Outlook Calendar, the font size is unstable

• Thread starter Davido2
  • Start date Views 733
D

Davido2

In 2010 Outlook Calendar, I have it set up to show 3 column; from left to right are the mail, my appointments for the next 5 days and the calendar and my appointments again in button format. Well the font size in the middle column is very unstable. Yesterday my pc booted up and I found it in 14 point scale, and this morning I found it supper shrunk to 1 or 2 point scale. After much pinching motion on my HP touch screen I was able to get it to the right font size. But it favors the largest or smallest font, so it's hit or miss. So my question is; how can I set the font size manually?

D

Davido2

Hello Diane,

Thank you for your response. I copied and pasted your command into my Start search box and got the message; "No items match your search." Do you have any other ideas? I have Outlook and Pandora in my initial bootup when I turn my PC on in the morning.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

Which Pandora program?

Type Windows key + R to open the run command and browser for outlook- it should be in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14 or C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14 then add the switch to the end, with a space after the full path so it looks like this:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\OUTLOOK.EXE" /cleanviews

D

Davido2

Hello Diane,

Sorry for not specifying which Pandora. After trying out Pandora for only an hour, I decided I had to have it commercial free, and without the hassle of it occupying a web browser. So I paid the $36 for a one year subscription. And I now have it as a dialog box on my desktop.

I think the fact that Outlook boots up when the CPU is still running at 100% capacity is what's causing it to do weird things. It'd be great if Outlook could be programmed to open only after the CPU has dropped to under 50% capacity.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

I meant which pandora program but the subscription deal means its pandora radio - I don't think it is the cause of the problems. :)

Try removing outlook from the startup folder and see if it helps next time you reboot. I'm not so sure its related either, but ruling out everything will help identify the cause. In the meantime, try the cleanviews switch.