I need to export my Microsoft Outlook 2003 version Contacts list that is on my laptop to another microsoft outlook contacts list that is accessible th

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Countertop Guy

I need to export my Microsoft Outlook 2003 version Contacts list that is on my laptop to another microsoft outlook contacts list that is accessible through my companies private server from the same laptop so that I may easily do a mass e-mail to all my previous business accounts from my new e-mail address with this new company

Karl Timmermans

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3

Are you not using Outlook as the current email client in the new location connected to this "private server"?

If you are, then the source of your contacts doesn't dictate the email address or outgoing server used for any mailing - that's based on your current Outlook profile. Ergo, there would be no need to export if this represents the list of previous business accounts - just use the existing contact folder for your merge/mass mailing (assumption being that you have a legitimate right to the prevous company's contact info).

If not and you need to "import" this contact info into the new server which, failing any other info, would be done by first exporting existing contact info from Outlook (Outlook menu --> File --> Import/Export --> follow the screens) in a format that is acceptable for importing into the new server. The import process for this new server would no longer involve Outlook. If the new server is Exchange, then it should be a simple matter of copying contact info from one contact folder to another negating the need for any export/import (but that would also mean that you are using Outlook as your email client).
"
" - ContactGenie.com

Status
Not open for further replies.