Outlook 2010: deleting a public calendar occurrence deletes the series.

L

lgal

I am using Outlook 2010. When I delete an occurrence of an item from a public folder calendar, the entire series is removed. Our server is running Exchange 2003. I have tried this several times and can consistently duplicate the problem from Outlook 2010. When I follow the same steps from Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2007 the problem does not occur.

The steps I follow to reproduce this are: right click on calendar item, select delete, then select delete occurrence.

If I open the occurrence and then select delete and delete this occurrence, then the item deletes correctly.

This behavior only happens on the public calendar. If I do this on my personal calendar, it works fine.

P

Philip Harrison

I'm having the same issue, though I'm using Outlook 2010 with Exchange 2007 Server.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I'm having the same issue, though I'm using Outlook 2010 with Exchange 2007 Server.

They are working on the problem. No ETA for a hotfix - my guess is at least a couple of months, probably longer.

J

John Schroeder - College of Charleston

I have discovered that if you open the occurrence, and delete only the occurrence, that works properly. Otherwise, we see the problem as described above.
-JFS