NDR's received for meeting request from a deleted user

• Thread starter pmosley22
  • Start date Views 1,512
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pmosley22

We are having issues with bounced meeting request messages. The recipients have been out of the company for 4 or 5 years. There is no exchange account associated with these users, and the mailboxes are long gone. I have run the /cleanrules switch on offending users getting the NDR's, and I have added and removed delegates. Searching this everyone points to a ghost delegate issue, but anyone sending a meeting request to certain users will get the same NDR, so I am now thinking it has nothing to do with rules or delegates. It is happening on machines with XP and Vista, whether they are running Outlook 2003 or 2007. This seems to me to be coming from the Exchange server or Active Directory, but I can't find it. I have use MDBVU and have not found any hidden delegates or rules, I have the Active Directory CSV files from all of our domain controllers and am not seeing any delegations to users. It can't be from and individual users profile, or delegates, or rules, because it will happen to anyone. Could this be an address book issue?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Use MDBVU to find the rules table and delete Schedule+ EMS Interface. (MFCMAPI works for this purpose too.) You want to do this on the mailbox the deleted person was a delegate of. You can get this info from the AD (use ADSIedit).

Status
Not open for further replies.