Outlook doesn't save my notes or events that are already on my calendar. It seems like anything older than a year is deleted. How can I fix it so it

• Thread starter rmusharb
  • Start date Views 699
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rmusharb

I'm still able to see recurrence events, but not a regular single event, meeting or notes that I add from previous years. Is there a way to tell it not to delete those items that are added to my calendar. I have Outlook 2003 - for students and teachers.

Thank you for all your help in advance:)

S

Sue Mosher - Outlook MVP

It sounds like your Calendar folder may be set to archive old events. To change this, right-click the folder and choose Properties. Switch to the AutoArchive tab and select "Do not archive items in this folder."

R

rmusharb

Thank you so much. I know I can right click on my mail folder and go to properties, but where is the calendar folder that I need to right click on?? I was having a hard time locating it... I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks again for your input, greatly appreciated.

S

Sue Mosher - Outlook MVP

Display the folder list and you'll be able to see all your folders.

R

rmusharb

Under file, folders and calendar properties. That's great, thank you so much:) How do I get my archived calendar stuff. Can I view it? Can I import it back to the calendar? Thanks again for all your help..

S

Sue Mosher - Outlook MVP

If you don't see an Archive Folders section in the Folder List, choose Tools | Options | Other | AutoArchive to find the name of the default archive .pst file, then open it with File | Open | Outlook Data File. Better to copy items between folders than import.

Status
Not open for further replies.