Cannot delete RSS Folders

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LiLLiPinay

I started using RSS feeds recently to go with my business. I made a mistake by adding the wrong feeds to my IE v.8 "Favorites & Feeds" tab. I deleted the feeds from the tab but because the feeds intigrate with Outlook, they did not purge. I tried to delete them myself but I get an error stating:
"Cannot delete this folder. Right click the folder, and then click properties to check your permissions for the folder. See the folder owner or your administrator to change your permissions. The folder is full."

I am the only one that uses this computer and I am using the Administrator account. When I follow the instructions to change permissions all the options are grayed out. Is there something wrong with my installation or do I need to change a setting somewhere else first?

Please help??

LiLLi...

S

Sachin Shetty

Try the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Outlook.

2. Click on tools>account settings>RSS Feeds> and select the feeds from the list and click on remove.

L

LiLLiPinay

Hi Sachin,

I tried that but the folder does not show up in the "tools>account settings>RSS Feeds>" tab. I even tried subscribing to the feed again and now I have 2 feed folders but it still doesn't show up in the "tools". Is there some way I can take over ownership or share moderation with myself since I am the administrator on this machine?

Thank You,

LiLLi...

N

Niyamath Khan

You may follow these steps and check if it helps:

Disable Outlook"s RSS Sync:

1. Open Outlook 2007
2. Click the Tools menu
3. Click Options
4. Select the Other tab
5. Click the Advanced Options button
6. Uncheck Sync RSS feeds to the Common Feed List
7. Click OK.

Mass Remove Feed Subscriptions from Outlook:

1. ClickTools menu and then Options again.
2. Select the poorly named Mail Setup tab
3. Click the Data Files button
4. Click the RSS Feeds tab
5. Click the first feed and scroll down to the bottom of the feed list
6. Hold the SHIFT key and click the last feed. All feeds should now be selected.
7. Click the Remove button
8. Confirm you want them all deleted.

Now you may try deleting the RSS folder under personal file in Outlook.

L

LiLLiPinay

Hi Diane,

Yes I am Using Outlook 2007 sp2. I tried your solution but it did not work.

Hi Niyamath,

I tried all the solutions provided by everyone in this thread but it did NOT work. I still have the same error message that Outlook generates when I try to perform the "folder delete" step. The feed/folders do not appear in the 1 through 4 steps that you outlined in your solution.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

LiLLi...

L

LiLLiPinay

Hi Sachin,

I really need an alternative if at all possible. I have a lot of inbox accounts I haveto administer associated with my business and my inbox is pretty huge to work with.

LiLLi...

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

Hi Sachin,

I really need an alternative if at all possible. I have a lot of inbox accounts I haveto administer associated with my business and my inbox is pretty huge to work with.

LiLLi...

download mfcmapi and use it to delete the feeds.

R

Roady [MVP]

Have you scanned your pst-file for errors already with scanpst.exe?
Corruptions in the file might prevent you from deleting it.

L

LiLLiPinay

Ok, thank you everyone that tried to help me resolve this problem. I tried all the solutions but none of them worked.

I finally logged into my machine in "SafeMode with Networking" and was able to successfully delete ALL the folders I was having a problem with.

I couldn't believe the answer was so fundamentally simple!

LiLLi...

Status
Not open for further replies.