Problem with BCM error message when launching MS Outlook.

• Thread starter MinnieBB8520
  • Start date Views 584
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MinnieBB8520

I am unable to launch MS Outlook for my selected email profile. The error msg says:

<Business Contact Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.>

The error msg pops out when the Send/Receive is taking place.

There is a Restart BCM option - when selected, the Outlook keeps restarting, and when not selected, the program just close.

However, I am able to view emails for other email profiles.

Have tried rebooting the system but it just does not work this time :(

Can someone help me out here?

R

Roady [MVP]

Are you actually using Business Contact Manager (BCM) or just Outlook?
In case of the last, you can remove the BCM account from your mail profile via the Mail applet in Control Panel.

Otherwise, make sure that you have the latest updates installed and try again. If you still get the error, take a look in theEvent Viewer and post the information regarding the BCM crash here.

M

MinnieBB8520

Thanks, Roady. I am using MS Outlook. The BCM is just one of the features in it.

Removing the BCM account means all the contact will be gone, right? That will probably be the last resort.

I think I did not close the Outlook properly yesterday. It happened before but the problem was never so serious. I mean it was always able to "recover". Just my luck :(

G

Guruprasad Ra

Contacts in Business Contact manager (BCM) are different from those saved in Outlook contact folder

Create a new Profile and open the Old data file (PST) associated with the problem profile and check if you are able to access all the data.

Check the following link to know how to create New Outlook Profile

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/outlook-e-mail-profiles-explained-HA001147158.aspx

Also check the link below to access the old data file in the new profile

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/reconnect-your-old-outlook-data-file-HA001077114.aspx?CTT=1

Status
Not open for further replies.