Outlook could not sign in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dr.Designer

I am having problems with my Microsoft Outlook 2007. It does not want to sign into my email all of the time. Sometimes it will, sometimes not. Most of the time not. I start the program and down in the bottom right corner it will try to sign in, but 9 times out of 10 I get " Could not sign in" . Does anyone have any suggestions? I am running it on a Dell Inspiron 1525 with Windows Vista if that matters.

Thanks in advance

B

Brian Tillman

What type of account are you using and who is your mail service provider?

----------------------------

D

Dr.Designer

As far as account, what do you mean? I have a microsoft office live email account if that is what you mean. It used to open up all of the time with hardly any problems, it has been doing this and getting worse over time.

B

Brian Tillman

Are you using the Outlook Hotmail Connector? Frankly, I don't find the Live mail servers or the DeltaSync protocol to be particularly robust and connection issues are, in my experience, quite common. Usually I just wait a couple of days and things improve. Sometimes, I delete the Live account from Outlook and add it in again to stabilize it.

D

Dr.Designer

Yes, I am using outlook connector, but I have never tried deleting the account and adding back. It has been so long since I have set it up I'm not sure if I can remeber how to do it. Can you tell me how?

Thanks for your help with this matter. It has been very aggrevating.

B

Brian Tillman

Tools>Account Settings>E-mail Account tab. Select the account and click Remove. Stop and restart Outlook.

To add it again, use the Outlook Connector menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.