reminder listed twice on reminder dialog

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

olong3

I have Outlook 2007 on WinXP SP3 and all is well except when I create a new appointment and schedule a reminder for it, I get the reminder as expected, but it has 2 entries for the same reminder. To clarify, only one reminder dialog box opens, but the reminder info is given twice. If you click on each and open the item, it appears to be the same reminder and they are identical. Also my task list (on To-Do Bar) shows 2 entries for each 1 task. Any ideas on how I can remedy this?

K

kimbo410

I have the same problem, but when I try what you have suggested I get an error message:

Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using.

Office Version:Office 2007Operating System:Windows XP
I have Outlook 2007 on WinXP SP3 and all is well except when I create a new appointment and schedule a reminder for it, I get the reminder as expected, but it has 2 entries for the same reminder. To clarify, only one reminder dialog box opens, but the reminder info is given twice. If you click on each and open the item, it appears to be the same reminder and they are identical. Also my task list (on To-Do Bar) shows 2 entries for each 1 task. Any ideas on how I can remedy this?

R

Roady [MVP]

I have the same problem, but when I try what you have suggested I get an error message:

Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using.

Note the space in the command between outlook.exe and /cleanreminders

K

kimbo410

Ok, I just made sure there was a space and still errored? I even copied and pasted her

outlook /cleanreminders

K

kimbo410

Office Version:Office 2007Operating System:Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.