How to save 2007 Outlook contacts in .rtf or .pdf or .doc

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RFTD

I want to save my contacts in Outlook 2007 to a USB drive for travel in .pdf , .rtf , or .doc format (instead of .pst) to be able to print/view contacts from computer without Outlook installed. Any suggestions?

I have Office 2007 that allows .xls or.doc documents to be saved as .pdf, but can't locate method to do the same with Outlook 2007 contact list.

I find .CVS files hard to view, but this is my only option I've found.

Thanks,
RFTMD

R

RFTD

Thanks for the reply. The last time I did a mail merge was 7-8 years ago. I tried to goggle the appropriate link, but don't seem to be able to locate one that makes sense.
If not too much trouble, could you tell me step by step how to use Outlook 2007 and Word 2007 to do the mail merge to create the Word 2007 document that I can then save as a .pdf file.
Thanks,
RFTMD

N

Natasha Dsouza

Like Diane suggested, you can export contact data from Outlook to Word using mail merge. Follow the step by step instructions given here for help.

However you may also use the option to export contacts to Excel from Outlook and then Save as PDF using Excel.

S

Sue Mosher - Outlook MVP

To do a merge, you should be able to go to your Contacts folder, choose Tools | Mail Merge, and follow the prompts from there.

R

RJS1333

To RFTMD - I am trying to, i believe, do the same thing you want to do. I want to copy my outlook contacts to a jump drive or to a seperate folder on my computer. I did not have any luck following the instructions given by poeple that responded to you, the best i could get was an MS word format that did not have any order to it, all merged info, imposible to follow, and the email addresses were missing, which is the primary data element i want along with the person's name.

If you had any luck generating/producing the list you originally asked for, i'd appreciate your help. I'm such a novice with this that it would help to specify the specific links to click. Trying to get what i want by " following instructions steps" isn't working, i must not be clicking the right options to get it in a formate like it appears in Outlook when i look at the contacts in the " phone list" format - i'm trying to duplicate that look.

Thanks.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
What format do you want them in? Outlook contacts, a simple list in word or notepad? Something else?

Ie, is a row with name address phone all you need? If so, create a list view containing the fields you need and select all, copy and paste. Seehttp://www.slipstick.com/tutorial/no-export-way-to-use-outlook-data/ for the method (it works on all folder types). You can do the same with a card view (select all, copy, paste) but the format isn't good if you need to import them into another program.

H

HWPhx

I am looking at business card scanners that I can scan into my PC and then forward those contacts to my boss so he can upload to his Outlook Contacts. I found a Mustek S80 that will scan at 600 dpi and convert to PDF, Word, Email or Excel. If I save the scanned cards to one of these applications, could I forward to my boss and he import the file into his Outlook contacts?

R

RJS1333

To Diane Poremsky - Thank you so much, i can't believe how simple you made this for me to understand how to copy from an Outlook contacts " Phone List" format into Excel. All the Outlook contact list data elements populated in Excel just as they appear in the Outlook " Phone List" format.

Thanks.

RJS1333

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I am looking at business card scanners that I can scan into my PC and then forward those contacts to my boss so he can upload to his Outlook Contacts. I found a Mustek S80 that will scan at 600 dpi and convert to PDF, Word, Email or Excel. If I save the scanned cards to one of these applications, could I forward to my boss and he import the file into his Outlook contacts?

I haven't seen a document created by the card scanner, but unless it creates them in table format, one record per row, it can't be imported into outlook.

If the data is in row format (name, address, phone, email all one line) you can import it - or if its in Excel in the typical multiline format, you can transpose it fairly easily so that it can be imported.

Status
Not open for further replies.