Outlook displays a running count of incoming e-m's upon opening Outlook, but they are not displayed and I cannot find find them anywhere in my compute

L

Lee9923

I believe these e-m's are on my computer somewhere and hope someone can tell me how to get a normal display. Problem stared about a week ago when when I knew I should be getting messages but none ever appeared.

Brian Tillman

What version of Outlook? Do you have the Unread Message folder and, if so, can you see the messages there? If so, try opening Inbox, choosing the Messages view, and resetting the view: either View>Arrange By>Current View>Customize Current View>Reset Current View or View>Current View>Customize Current View>Reset Current View, depending on your Outlook version.

L

Lee9923

Brian,

I have Office 07 Outlook/Win 7 and it usually works fine, but this is the second time it highjacked my e-mail. I can send, and it downloads to the "junk" folder which will display. I can also see it downloading good mail in the lower right hand screen upon opening but it vanishes immediately thereafter.

I believe about 200 important e-m's sent to me between 1-13 and 1-21 are in the computer somewhere but searched everywhere to no avail. Unread folder gets loaded with msnbc junk but not the missing messages. The MS fix is to create yet another personal profile which works for a while but is a bandaid.

Outlook will not always expand folders, whites out the screen etc. It does not work reliably and I no longer have any confidence in Outlook (or MS). I am redirecting all future correspondence to my hotmail acct which always does work and will have to ask my address book to resend all important messages from the lost period to the hotmail address-what a hassle after the last two days of fighting this issue.

Almost went to Apple last year. What a mistake I didn't.

Thanks for your help. Lee

K

Kathleen Orland [MVP]

If you see the mail downloading and then disappearing directly after, are you filtering your view? Perhaps you have set your view to see only Unread Messages. If you have Auto Preview turned on and email is marked to be read after X seconds, this would easily explain what's going on.

View > Current View > make sure Messages is what's checked. Microsoft

P

Pamlynn

Hi Kathleen,

I found this posting after having the same challenges as Lee. I checked all the settings as suggested in this post and I still cannot find my emails. Since this post, have there been a resolution for this problem that has not posted?

Thanks,

Pam

P

Pamlynn

Lee,

I am having the same problem. Did you ever get a resolution to this problem?

Thanks,

Pam