Folders added that I haven't added

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

personreal

I use outlook connector and since adding outlook 2010 phantom folders called News Feed(1 to 20) are constantly appearing. I delete them...in hotmail or outlook...and they always come back. nothing in them. Want them gone permanently!

N

Niranjan I K

Try to disable "Microsoft Outlook Social Connector" COM Add-In from Outlook 2010 and check if it resolves the issue.

To disable the add-in open Outlook click "File" > "Options" > "Add-ins" > click "Go" for COM-Add-ins and uncheck the checkbox for "Microsoft Outlook Social Connector" and click "OK".

P

personreal

Since writing this, i tried un installing outlook connector re installing newest version. So far so good on the news feed folders...only one now.Deleted all news feeds and added one back and it shows under RSS feeds folder.

However since then get this error message when send/ receive: 0x8004102A and 0x80004005

I do seem to be getting mail tho

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

However since then get this error message when send/ receive: 0x8004102A and 0x80004005

what is the full text of the error?

P

personreal

Full Text is

"error with send/receive" first 8004,etc

"there is an error synchronzing your mail account.Please verify your account is configured correctly by first accessing your mail on the web. error 4102"

second 8000,etc

online mail looks ok to me

P

personreal

and I have disabled the social networking per your suggestion( but after re installing outlook connector)

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

error 4102"

This is what i was looking for.

Remove the hotmail account, restart outlook and add the account back. If its your only account in outlook, close outlook, find mail in the control panel and remove the account and recreate it using the mail applet.

P

personreal

I have done that several time but still get the send/receive error. I am getting and sending mail however.

Status
Not open for further replies.