How can I set up multiple e-mail accounts in Outlook 2007 / using Windows 7. Are there any more directions than offered in the Outlook help menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mrfl28601

I have two e-mail addresses and want to be able to receive separate e-mails to each account. Once I have the information from time warner / can I set up Outlook myself to receive e-mails in Outlook for each member in my family?

Brian Tillman

Of course. Set up their accounts exactly the same way you set up your own.

My opinion, however, is that you each should have your own Windows logins. You can create accounts in Outlook individually.

----------------------------

M

mrfl28601

I was trying to avoid the two separate log-ins...I like that Windows 7 does not have the "walls". However, I do not want to mess this up. We had two (2) e-mail addresses under XP and we just thought we would keep using these e-mail addresses. Is the reason you are suggesting the two logins for Windows is becauase it too complicated for the average person to set this up...or b/c it makes using Outlook more complicated?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I was trying to avoid the two separate log-ins...I like that Windows 7 does not have the "walls". However, I do not want to mess this up. We had two (2) e-mail addresses under XP and we just thought we would keep using these e-mail addresses. Is the reason you are suggesting the two logins for Windows is becauase it too complicated for the average person to set this up...or b/c it makes using Outlook more complicated?
Two windows logins is more secure and gives better separation. It's not hard to set up and you can use fast user switching (then you can leave outlook open on both windows accounts). If you dont want to do that, you can make separate profiles in outlook (need to close and reopen outlook to switch profiles) - or, depending on the needs of the other user, have them use LiveMail instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.