how to import backup file (.pst) from microsoft outlook 2003 to microsoft outlook 2002

• Thread starter Iamamartian
  • Start date Views 527
I

Iamamartian

Dear All,

Help is desperately needed.

Laptop crashed. Did backup of microsoft outlook 2003. Tried to transfer to PC which is using microsoft outlook 2002. Failed due to incompatibility with this version.

How can I resolve this? Thanks!!!

R

Russ Valentine

You'll have to find an installation of Outlook 2003 or later to open this file. You can then create an older "Outlook 97-2002" format (ANSI format) PST file and copy the contents of the new file into the old.Russ Valentine

I

Iamamartian

Hi Russ,

Thanks a million for helping out here. How do I create an older "Outlook 97-2002" format (ANSI format) PST file? I have already opened it with another outlook 2003 but i need to migrate this file to my PC which is running on WindowXP.

Desperately looking forward to your help, thanks!

R

Russ Valentine

File > New > Outlook data file... You can't miss that option in the next dialog box. Make sure you keep track of where this file resides and what you name it.

Once you create this file, copy what you want from the current file into it. Then disconnect it from Outlook by closing it. Then you can simply copy the file using Windows Explorer, transport it to the location of the Outlook 2002 installation, and open it there using Outlook's File > Open > Outlook Data File... command.

Russ Valentine