Importing data into BCM User Defined Fields (check box and drop down list varieties) & linking Business Contacts to Accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Katrine29

My first question is if anyone knows a way in BCM 2007 of linking imported data to customized fields? I have created a group of areas of interest (tick boxes) and a field for 'type of organisation' (drop down list). When I map the fields in the import wizard these particular fields show up with an icon of a 0 and a 1 linked by a red connector line - what does this mean?

My second question is: what is the easiest way of linking Accounts with Business Contacts? Can I do this via the import or does it have to be a manual thing in BCM post-import?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Best wishes

Katrine

S

Surya Prasad Vemulapalli

What field are we talking about? What is the field type?is it string or a numeric field?

The answer for your second question is there is no easy way to link account with Business cards and it has be done manually.

K

Katrine29

Many thanks for your response - I have just returned from holiday, hence the delay in responding.

In response to part one of my initial question, the fields concerned are user defined fields created within BCM. I have created a group of fields under general detail with a tick box functionality but am unsure whether this would be called a string or numeric field. Can you clarify what you mean by this?

Furthermore, I want to create drop down lists within the Account form, allowing us to identify what type of company it is.

I hope this makes sense and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes

Katrine

Status
Not open for further replies.