getting rid of addin popup

• Thread starter popup hater
  • Start date Views 772
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

popup hater

I keep getting the popup "Google Desktop Search Outlook Addin cannot be loaded and has been disabled, etc." I see that several other poeple have the same issue. I tried the trouble shooting, including uninstalling Google Desktop Search and chaning extend.dat to extend.old. I still get the popup. Also, everytime I change extend.dat to extend.old, when I re-boot the extend.dat appears again along with extend.old. I've delete and delete from recycle, and it comes back again.

HELP!

P

popup hater

yes, it's in the inactive application addin. should i move it to the disabled application addin?

P

popup hater

I'm still searchign for additional suggestions on how to remove this pop-up. Any suggestions out there?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

You can try disabling it but uninstalling it would be better.

In Tools, Trust Center, Addin, click on the Go button at the bottom and remove the google addin.

P

popup hater

I tried to uninstall, as directed above. The popup still appears. Any other thoughts woudl be greatly appreciated.

P

popup hater

News flash! I went through the scenario a few more times and finally figured out the missing step.

Tools, Trust Center, Addin, then choose Exchange Client Extension and hit Go. The default for Com Addins does not work.

Thanks for your help. I'm popup free for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.