MS Outlook 2003 keeps downloading the SAME email messages to my inbox.

• Thread starter pgruner
  • Start date Views 2,514
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pgruner

HELP! MS Outlook 2003 keeps downloading the SAME email messages to my inbox. Had to CLOSE Outlook to get it to stop. Now I cannot have access to those email messages without the duplicate email messages running.

I have an @sbcglobal.net email account online thru SBC Yahoo! (AT&T), so I could still access my email. HOWEVER, once Outlook was back up and running (had viruses and trojans removed by Best Buy Geek Squad), ALL of the messages from my SBC Yahoo! email (Inbox ONLY - Sent messages did not transfer) transferred to Outlook and are no longer available in my Inbox thru my SBC Yahoo! email account. Is there a way to have ALL of my email messages available (Incoming and Sent messages) on BOTH my SBC Yahoo! email AND Outlook? If so, how do I get them back into my SBC Yahoo! email account from Outlook since they are no longer there?

I am also having a problem with 100% CPU usage from explorer.exe viewed thru Task Manager. So far, I have not been able to find and answer to this.

I have used Webroot Anti-Virus with SpySweeper, MS Malicious Software Removal Tool, Malwarebytes' AntiMalware (free edition), and Ad-Aware (free edition). NONE of these programs have found ANYTHING to explain these problems! All Microsoft Office 2003 and Windows XP updates are up to date.

I have been trying to fix these problems for 6 weeks, including 2 trips to Best Buy Geek Squad, $150.00 each trip. I am job hunting and need EVERYTHING to be running as it should be.

HELP!HELP!HELP!

R

Roady [MVP]

The duplication of the messages are most likely caused by your virus scanner integrating with Outlook and interrupting the send/receive process so the message gets downloaded again. Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you would still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details see;
http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20

If you have your account configured as a POP3 account, verify that you have the option set to leave a copy on the server. You can set this option in the account properties of the POP3 account-> More Settings...-> tab Advanced.

To have both your Sent and Received messages synced between the server and Outlook, you'll need to use an Exchange, IMAP or Live Hotmail account. A POP3 account is download only.

To get your messages back onto the server see;
http://www.msoutlook.info/question/367

Brian Tillman

> HELP! MS Outlook 2003 keeps downloading the SAME email messages to my inbox. Had to CLOSE Outlook to
> get it to stop. Now I cannot have access to those email messages without the duplicate email messages running.

This is usually caused by the send/receive process not finishing correctly. The first thig to do to try to address it is to uninstall your antivirus program and reinstall it woithout the mail scanning feature. Make sure your send/receive interval is at least ten minutes. Also try increasing your server timeout value (on the Advanced tab of your account settings).

>I have an @sbcglobal.net email account online thru SBC Yahoo! (AT&T), so I could still access my email.
> HOWEVER, once Outlook was back up and running (had viruses and trojans removed by Best Buy Geek
> Squad), ALL of the messages from my SBC Yahoo! email (Inbox ONLY - Sent messages did not transfer)
> transferred to Outlook and are no longer available in my Inbox thru my SBC Yahoo! email account.
This is the way POP accounts in Outlook 2003 behave by default. You must enable the option to leave copies of messages on the server (on the Advanced tab of your account properties).

> Is there a way to have ALL of my email messages available (Incoming and Sent messages) on BOTH my SBC
> Yahoo! email AND Outlook?
Of course. Enable the option to leave them there.

> If so, how do I get them back into my SBC Yahoo! email account from Outlook since they are no longer there?

The only way is to mail them as attachments back to yourself.

G

Guruprasad Ra

Do you find those duplicate emails on SBC yahoo web mail server?

If yes, move them to a new folder on the web and check if this helps

Note: ensure you have the backup before deleting or moving emails

Status
Not open for further replies.