Outlook 2007 keeps receiving emails that have already been received

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pdxmaven

This is like living with the Sorcerer's Apprentice, where the brooms multiplied and multiplied?! For reasons I cannot understand, at times, when I click on "send/receive", Outlook 2007 will suddenly retrieve all the emails for days back, emails that I've already received previously. And then at other times, it only receives the newest emails that haven't yet been received.

This problem happens so often that I have a "Duplicate email Remover" program installed. But it is time-consuming to use, and moreover, the emails that I've already deleted as I read them, this problem with "send/receive" has bought all those back, but one time only so the Duplicate Email Remover program doesn't catch those.

One tech support person told me to solve the problem by deleting all old emails in Hotmail, but that means if I am ever away from my computer, I can't access any old emails.

Surely there is a better solution. thanks in advance for your help.

pdxmaven

PS I keep a LOT of emails in my inbox.....could this have anything to do with the problem?

N

Niranjan I K

Check whether the same email account is configured twice in "Microsoft Office Outlook".

Open outlook > click Tools >> Account Settings >> click E-mail tab.

You can also try creating a new folder in your web-mail and move all the e-mails from Inbox to the new backup folder. This is to check and move any damaged or corrupt emails in the server.

Now try to send a test email and check if you receive duplicate emails.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/xpnetwork/thread/49f50680-9fdd-4709-90e0-613352c30627
Check the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the thread below:

P

pdxmaven

I checked, and yes Service Pack 2 is already on the computer.

I am using a Outlook Connector but I had this same problem on my old computer, which used a POP 3 connection.

thanks, pdxmaven

P

pdxmaven

I checked, as you suggested, to see if the email account if configured twice. It isn't.

Also, this problem is erratic..............I can go for days and it won't happen; then it starts happening and happening. I noticed on the internet that there are many Duplicate Email Removal Programs, so I am assuming this is a common problem that lots of folks are having? But why?

Re. your suggestion to "create a new folder in my web-mail", by this do you mean create a new folder of all my Outlook InBox, or are you referring to my Inbox in my hotmail account, that I should create a new folder there?

Status
Not open for further replies.