Signature picture removed when replying or fowarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Megarot

I have a jpeg picture/logo at the bottom of our business signature.

When replying or forwarding an email that was sent from a non-Outlook email editor - such as when an email is sent from an iPhone - it messes up our signature so that the picture will not show up. The text portion of the signature is not affected - only the picture.

In my email preferences, its selected to send emails in HTML format.

E

Ezil Vinoth

Are you able to see the picture in replying or forwarding mails or is it the recipients to whom you send are not able to see the pictures?

If you have the same signature added in webmail, try to reply from webmail and check.

M

Megarot

No, unlike some other posts that I have read - there is no little red x box or anything like that.

It simply will not show up. Its only when I'm replying to an email that has originated from an application that wasn't Outlook.

There is only one solution which requires deleting the entire signature, going back into the signatures, copying, changing the email itself to html and pasting. Sounds simple but its a very lengthy process - especially considering the amount of emails I process every day. This also does not happen to me exclusively - it happens to all our business computer signatures.

R

Roady [MVP]

It sounds like you received those messages in Plain Text. Plain Text messages by definition cannot hold any formatting or embedded objects like pictures.

You can change your message format to HTML via the Options tab when composing the message. When you then re-insert your signature, it should work.

Note that it is not considered "nice" to upgrade a message format from Plain Text to HTML when replying. The sender of the original message might have had his/her reasons to use Plain Text or there are technical limitations which would even require the use of Plain Text.
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]

M

Megarot

Roady many times the message I receive in plain text is from my boss' iPhone. My boss is insistent that we have our signature stamped with the logo at the bottom of each email. We also received fax to email which is not in HTML format and many other misc. things like that.

Anyway, thank you for the answer. That will have to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.