Error 503 Authentication Required. My Outlook won't Send.

• Thread starter JasperTheFriendlyDog
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JasperTheFriendlyDog

Error 503 Authentication Required. My Outlook won't Send. My emails stay in the Outbox. This error code suggests that I go to a certain Microsoft link, it steps me through some Email Account settings including giving it another email address of mine (this point kind of scares me)to get a verfication code, and ultimately I'm not sure if this affects the other email address somehow? I would be more comfortable doing this if what I was doing was explained to me. I'm running AVG Antivirus, but I don't think it's interfering. Thanks for any help you can offer.

G

GordonBP

Can you post the entire error message please?

Guessing from the meagre detail provided I would say that your smtp sever needs to be authenticated but we can't be sure until you post the entire error.

If you find my response helpful, please click on the " Vote as Helpful" button!Thank you! My Blog

J

JasperTheFriendlyDog

Yeah, I sure can. But I'll need about 2 1/2 hours to get home and get the full code (at lunch time), since I work for a living. :)

G

GordonBP

Yeah, I sure can. But I'll need about 2 1/2 hours to get home and get the full code (at lunch time), since I work for a living. :)
:)If you find my response helpful, please click on the " Vote as Helpful" button!Thank you! My Blog

N

Niyamath Khan

Open Outlook 2007 click on Tools > Account Settings > Highlight the email account > Change > More settings > Outgoing server > Check the box "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" > Verify that the circle-box "Use same settings as my incoming mail server" is selected.

J

JasperTheFriendlyDog

Alright Niyamath, I will save this as one of the attempts I make to resolve it this evening. Thank you!

J

JasperTheFriendlyDog

GordonBP,

Here is the exact error message:

!Task 'SBC Yahoo! Account - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Cannot send the message. Verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 530 authentication required - for help go to http://help.yahoo.com/sbc/dsl/mail/pop/pop-11.html'

Thanks

J

JasperTheFriendlyDog

Niyamath Khan,

I followed your advice and it worked! Thank you! You're an Outlook 2007 genius!

Many Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.