Outlook 2007 receiving blank messages from AOL

• Thread starter Jerome8283
  • Start date Views 1,664
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jerome8283

I use Outlook 2007 with AOL POP3 configured. Often times when I receive mail sent to me from AOL the body of the message appears blank.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

R

Roady [MVP]

Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details see;

http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20

Robert Sparnaaij

R

Ruchi Bisht

Log in to you web mail and check whether you are able to view the body of the email.

If you have blank emails on the webmail then you have to get in touch with your ISP.

If it is happening only in Outlook, then try the steps suggested by Roady.

Ruchi Bisht

J

Jerome8283

I had Norton Anti Virus installed. I removed it completely. I checked add-ins via Outlook and saw no mention of a Norton add-in. I installed Microsoft Security Essentials. I checked AOL webmail and each mail sent looks intact, with the message body present.

I still have the same problem after doing the above.

Any other suggestions?

J

Jerome8283

I found this MS article;

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2001972

When I do this...

Note: If you use the " view in browser" feature (click " Other Actions" on the e-mail message Ribbon and click " View in Browser" ) in Outlook, you can see the contents of the e-mail message.

I can view the message body content but the rest of the article does not apply. The sender is not using Rich Text format (RTF) and I'm not using Websense Hosted E-mail Security sofware formerly known as SurfControl or BlackSpider MailControl.

R

Ruchi Bisht

Try booting the system in clean boot mode to check if any non-Microsoft services are conflicting with Outlook to cause the issue.

Note: Read the disclaimer mentioned in the article.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Once the trouble shooting is done start the system back to normal mode by following the Step 7 in the above article.

Ruchi Bisht

J

Jerome8283

I have since reinstalled Windows 7 formatting the HD prior. Now I have a clean install. The only virus software installed is Microsoft Security Essentials. I'm pretty sure Outlook was the first thing installed post the Windows 7 install. The problem still exists. I doubt I have a problem with conflicting non-Microsoft services but will check anyway.

J

Jerome8283

Today, I configured my Google account via Outlook as POP3. When sending the same email to my Google account configured via Outlook I do not have the same problem. The email body with URL and text appears without a problem. The problem appears to be with email sent from AOL. The email does appear intact within AOL's trash folder after being forwarded to Outlook.

Any thoughts?

R

Ruchi Bisht

How did you configure your Google email account (POP or IMAP)?

Apart from the Anti-Virus do you have any encryption software installed on the system?

Try to set up your AOL account as IMAP instead of POP and verify if you can view the email content.

For information on setting IMAP account in Outlook, clickhere.

Ruchi Bisht

Status
Not open for further replies.