Outlook 2003 keeps running in system process and task bar even after it is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jaz2

I am running Windows XP with Outlook 2003 on both my desktop and laptop.

On my desktop computer when I close Outlook 2003 the icon stays in the task bar at the lower right. You cannot reopen it from this icon.

However, if I am exporting contacts to my laptop I am told that the system is still running on another system and I have to go back to the desktop and bring up the Windows Task Manager and shut down the Outlook.exe in processing.

I have been using this program since 2003 without any problem; this just started about 6 months ago and is really annoying. Can anyone Please tell me how to correct this?

D

Doug Robbins [MVP]

See http://www.slipstick..com/problems/close.asp

--

Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com

"Jaz2" wrote in message news:0f0c6fca-c74d-4bfa-87f3-7dea3f2984fe...

I am running Windows XP with Outlook 2003 on both my desktop and laptop.

On my desktop computer when I close Outlook 2003 the icon stays in the task bar at the lower right. You cannot reopen it from this icon.

However, if I am exporting contacts to my laptop I am told that the system is still running on another system and I have to go back to the desktop and bring up the Windows Task Manager and shut down the Outlook.exe in processing.

I have been using this program since 2003 without any problem; this just started about 6 months ago and is really annoying. Can anyone Please tell me how to correct this?

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org

Status
Not open for further replies.