In the last couple days, myself and my husband found that our Outlook is not sending our emails. I'm on Outlook 2007 and he's on Outlook 2010, both licensed software. The emails appear to the sent as it is in the "sent" box and we receive no error messages. We can receive emails perfectly fine. However, when testing to send emails to each others or to other accounts, nothing works.
Some forums have said to insert the installation DVD and let it reconfigure which I have done, but it did not work. I have also tried disabling my McAfee and still nothing. I've checked the firewall settings and it allows Outlook to have full access.
We've spent time tonight both on the phone and with online support from our ISP and their conclusion is that it's an Outlook problem and not them. We were able to send emails via their webmail client and can receive emails successfully (thus their conclusion). Our ISP has assured us they do not need to authenticate outgoing email or require SSL which some forums have also suggested.